Yankee Doodle Derby

Hopefully they'll realise that this club is a Sleeping Beauty and if this happens then it's really important this time to have a bit more transparency and that it Snow White(wash) and then we need to crack on with our recruitment and sort our poor goalscoring record out - get A-lad-din from the lower leagues who is an up and coming star or we'll just end up Tangled in another relegation fight because some of the younger players were just Bambi in headlights last year.

This could be the big one that’s being talked about. The deal includes the rights to a new theme park named after us with some great big never ending rollercoasters. Yankee Doodle Derrrby its going to be called, with one ride called the Wheel of Misfortune featuring teacups with painted faces on each cup of Mel, Pearce (not Stuart), Henry Gnaby, The Shiekh, Mad Eric, Gibbo and Rick Parry hurtling around at a ridiculous rate of knots catapulting guests into foam clad statues of the current playing staff. 
Tickets will be sold on a “don’t know if you’re ever going to go” basis. 

6 minutes ago, islandram said:

some people just need to get real.

I think expectations are pretty low.

Since Derby released the response to the letter there has been no rumblings of anything from the club, the only thing said was Alan Nixon releasing the name of Gary Cook.

For all we know negotiations have gone for a Burton and we are heading for financial ruin as we speak.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Since Derby released the response to the letter there has been no rumblings of anything from the club, the only thing said was Alan Nixon releasing the name of Gary Cook.

For all we know negotiations have gone for a Burton and we are heading for financial ruin as we speak.

Were we not told the current negotiations were subject to NDA and that no details would be released as a consequence? I mean it's been like 20 days since the American deal was mooted. How quickly are you expecting the due diligence we've all screamed for after the Alonso fiasco to take, not to mention the small matter of contracts being drafted, proof of funds, set up of escrow, EFL approval and other similar 'small matters'.

And Nixon has released an update since his initial Tweet, by the way, which clearly stated that Cook is currently working though the required processes.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We've done the keep us in the loop twice , how did that pan out ? ....you seem surprised this is being kept quiet. Expect an announcement when its done and dusted .

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Every time the club issues any news whatsoever the majority of the posters on here pile on, and use every word the club utter as  weapons to criticise, attack and denigrate the the club, the manager and the owner, so it is no great surprise that there is nothing coming out of Pride Park, they have learned the hard way, that there is less flack with less news.

If I was the owner I would be doing the same thing, real fans can accept that a deal is not over until it is done and running commentaries add nothing to negotiations. 

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Were we not told the current negotiations were subject to NDA and that no details would be released as a consequence? I mean it's been like 20 days since the American deal was mooted. How quickly are you expecting the due diligence we've all screamed for after the Alonso fiasco to take, not to mention the small matter of contracts being drafted, proof of funds, set up of escrow, EFL approval and other similar 'small matters'.

And Nixon has released an update since his initial Tweet, by the way, which clearly stated that Cook is currently working though the required processes.

Well let's see how it pans out, forgive me for not having much faith, 2 failed takeovers and then Henry Gabay kinda fills me with very little confidence.

39 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Spot on with all of this, although I am pretty sure it was reported that the american deal had been in thr works for a few weeks before it became public knowledge...so hopefully that means we're further down the line with everything than some may think.