Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Love that. Interesting bit at the beginning when he said no one saw admin coming, clearly one man did and kept everyone else out of the loop ?

Whatever happens the admiration I have for Rooney, the staff, and all the players to wear the shirt this season is huge ? 

1 hour ago, RealisticRam said:

Will never be a Rooney fan. Thanks for the effort and all but regardless of the result at the end of the season, new manager needed I think for 2022/23. 

I'd love to see who you think is equipped to go out to find and galvanize potentially 30+ new players while under a strict wage structure and probably dropping a league.

Whether you like the guy or not, the job he and his team has done keeping the squad together and fighting is quite amazing. It would of been easy to just collapse, not fight and have a awful season where the players wanted out

3 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

I'd love to see who you think is equipped to go out to find and galvanize potentially 30+ new players while under a strict wage structure and probably dropping a league.

Whether you like the guy or not, the job he and his team has done keeping the squad together and fighting is quite amazing. It would of been easy to just collapse, not fight and have a awful season where the players wanted out

Agree, can't understand  why he thinks that. This season has been the best for fans for quite a few years, he has brought all the players and fans together and that takes some doing in the mess we are in. The longer we can keep him the better.

5 hours ago, RealisticRam said:

Will never be a Rooney fan. Thanks for the effort and all but regardless of the result at the end of the season, new manager needed I think for 2022/23. 

Not sure if this a WUM but I look at it like this....regardless of his managerial knowledge and decisions what Rooney has done is give stability to a very unstable situation and that is a fact not an opinion.

Imagine what a mess it might've become without Rooney being here because I can only imagine that the youngsters that we've had to rely on heavily this season have gone that extra yard and wanted to impress Rooney because he is Wayne Rooney

yes i think he's made errors he's learning on the job but at least football wise he's given stability and continuity and kept repeating that all he can do is influence what happens on the pitch and the training ground and I for one think he's done very well.

I think we could have been down by now without his leadership and also a big mention to Rosenior and all of the coaching team 

I actually think had Rooney made the club even more unstable by walking away we would have struggled to get anyone decent in to run it under our present circumstances and would've meant more of our youngsters possibly wanting out ......WR deserves a proper crack at it here when/if we get back to a normal situation but regardless of this I will never forget what he has done for us in extremely difficult circumstances whether we miraculously stay up or not

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Not sure if this a WUM but I look at it like this....regardless of his managerial knowledge and decisions what Rooney has done is give stability to a very unstable situation and that is a fact not an opinion.

Imagine what a mess it might've become without Rooney being here because I can only imagine that the youngsters that we've had to rely on heavily this season have gone that extra yard and wanted to impress Rooney because he is Wayne Rooney

yes i think he's made errors he's learning on the job but at least football wise he's given stability and continuity and kept repeating that all he can do is influence what happens on the pitch and the training ground and I for one think he's done very well.

I think we could have been down by now without his leadership and also a big mention to Rosenior and all of the coaching team 

I actually think had Rooney made the club even more unstable by walking away we would have struggled to get anyone decent in to run it under our present circumstances and would've meant more of our youngsters possibly wanting out ......WR deserves a proper crack at it here when/if we get back to a normal situation but regardless of this I will never forget what he has done for us in extremely difficult circumstances whether we miraculously stay up or not

I think the position for the club as a whole would be unthinkable if Rooney hadnt stayed. Not just on the pitch. The narrative would have been very different and I think we could have been gone already. 

7 hours ago, RealisticRam said:

Wow......

I'm going to be honest, I do think this season was almost a freebie, with no transfers of his own really, and a team that was expected to be releagted even without the deductions. Anything other than rock bottom what going to be seen as a success, and you can almost say his team selected itself given the lack of options

But even his biggest critic before this season has to give him some credit, he has stuck around in difficult circumstances when it would have been easy for him to walk without much criticism. He has managed to get a squad of kids, oldies, and scrapheap players and moulded them into a mid table championship team. Everyone at the club plays for him and I actually believe if he walked tomorrow, the players wouldn't win another game this season, that's the togetherness he brings.

7 hours ago, RealisticRam said:

So you’d replace a manager that’s kept a squad and club together in the middle of a crisis? You’d see gone a man that’s done his job with his hands tied yet stilled showed such loyalty and determination?

So who’d you replace him with??