Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Massive Kudos to Rooney.  The players should take a massive boost from what he has said, you can’t fault that level of commitment.  Many would have walked away by now.

Wayne Rooney you are class! You could have walked away from this mess and you didn’t! You could have given up on this season and you haven’t! You could have gone for the job with your boyhood team and you bloody didn’t!!! You have shown true integrity and built this into a Derby team all the fans have grown to love for their commitment and passion. You have turned a season of despair into one of hope  Thank you Wayne you are a true Ram and deserve to be a Legend.

16 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Wayne Rooney you are class! You could have walked away from this mess and you didn’t! You could have given up on this season and you haven’t! You could have gone for the job with your boyhood team and you bloody didn’t!!! You have shown true integrity and built this into a Derby team all the fans have grown to love for their commitment and passion. You have turned a season of despair into one of hope  Thank you Wayne you are a true Ram and deserve to be a Legend.

Well he did tell us all he was going to bring the pride back to our Club. #COYR

I was born whilst Roy McFarland was manager, and in my conscious time supporting this Club, I think I can now say that Wayne Rooney is my favourite manager we've ever had.

I was too young to fully appreciate Jim Smith. I started going to watch Derby regularly when he was manager, and some his squads will be players I always remember (Mart Poom was my first football idol), but I was still too young to think deep enough in to football to see the influence of managers and the impact they have on squads.

Wayne Rooney isn't a manager who has produced the best results I've seen like Davies or McClaren, or produced the most eye-catching football (McClaren), but doesn't stop him coming out on top for me.

I think when all of this is done and we emerge on the other side, those who stood by us and supported us will never be forgotten, likewise with those who did the opposite. No matter what happens, I won't forget the loyalty that Rooney has shown us, when it would be so easy for him to do walk. I don't have enough fingers to count the number of times where he could've turned his back on us and you'd only be able to say, "yeah, fair enough."

But here he is inspiring younger players, breathing new life in to veterans and getting this Club pulling together as one to get results and performances we really have no right to get in our situation. Then when the opportunity comes to possibly manage his boyhood side, he doesn't think twice because he's fully invested in the project and the battle we have here.

How inspiring must that be for those at the Club? I couldn't think of much worse than having someone preach to you week in, week out, only for the same person to just jump ship at the first opportunity. The fact he hasn't done that makes me confident that this squad and the supporters will be invigorated even more. If we do manage to retain our Championship status, he'll become a legend. But if not, I don't think I'll ever underappreciate what he's done, and what he's doing for us. I wanted him gone towards the end of last season, even after we scraped survival. Thank god I'm not in charge hey? And mostly, thanks Wayne.

The Leadership that Rooney oozes is simply world class, whatever industry he is in.  The fact that he is in football and leading our beloved Derby County is just unbelievable.  It should be a full house Sunday - fantastic in the circumstances - but we should make sure it’s a full house for every game we play from now until, hopefully, the end of the season.  It’s our turn to show the same commitment as our Wayne!! ???

18 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

And replaced him with a manager who has been out the game for over a year and has never played/coached in English football. For our sake i hope he doesn't adapt.

Plus they're very good friends, This has disaster written all over it.

20 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

And replaced him with a manager who has been out the game for over a year and has never played/coached in English football. For our sake i hope he doesn't adapt.

I think Hull are out of our reach, just Reading and Cardiff to catch….

My flabber has been gasted. I just presumed he hadn't been considered for the role this time. Astonishing that he's turned it down. The man is immense. Hand on heart, I'm not sure I could have made that call had I been him. 

He may have made poor choices off the field in his personal life but he will quite rightly receive bucket loads of respect for this decision and not just by us fellow Rams. I just hope nothing else hamstrings him from completing the fairytale.