Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

• 4 months later...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/werder-bremen-interested-in-derby-player-despite-recent-contract-update/

Great news, happy to see him move on for 8 million plus, not a bad fee for a defender.

Yes, it's possible they'd want to offer less, and I definitely wouldn't sell him for less.

I'm keen to see a decent return on players, and international clubs should pay more.

A year from now they valued him at 30 million.

7 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/werder-bremen-interested-in-derby-player-despite-recent-contract-update/

Great news, happy to see him move on for 8 million plus, not a bad fee for a defender.

Yes, it's possible they'd want to offer less, and I definitely wouldn't sell him for less.

I'm keen to see a decent return on players, and international clubs should pay more.

A year from now they valued him at 30 million.

That article states Bremen are after him on a free, when we know an extension has been agreed and will go through when the takeover is complete

If Buchanan has signed the contract extension, then Derby County will be able to receive a transfer fee. If not, he'll be able to move for free.

As an established player at EFL Championship level, as well as an under-21/23 international player with potential to play at a higher level, and if it is a transfer, then Derby should be asking for at least £5 million.

Just now, Scott129 said:

The only thing that's stood out to me is his heading ability. For a guy who's not particularly tall, he's got an incredible leap on him.

True. But that’s about it really isn’t it. Doesn’t really excel in anything else

5 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

If Buchanan has signed the contract extension, then Derby County will be able to receive a transfer fee. If not, he'll be able to move for free.

As an established player at EFL Championship level, as well as an under-21/23 international player with potential to play at a higher level, and if it is a transfer, then Derby should be asking for at least £5 million.

He doesn't have to sign the extension. It's a part of his existing contract that the club can trigger if I have understood correctly.

8 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

£5 Million for a player who constantly kicks it out of play.

Forsyth would be my first choice LB (If both are here).

I'd take 500k plus future incentives for Buchanan.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Bremen could be contesting the extension.

EFL could be called in to mediate, despite us talking to them first... I can imagine if they turn round and say it's not allowed there will be even more fury sent their way.

I would imagine that they would only bother doing so if his agent indicates it's a goer.  Another one bites the dust then.