Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If we did end up having to sell one of the Crown Jewels I think Buchanan is probably the one I would let go. We have got Fozzy and Williams who can play there. I would be more disappointed to lose Knight, Bird, Sibley or Festy……

Yeah I also think he’d be the most valuable asset 

I would love to keep all of them but the reality is they won’t stay forever (and frankly if  we’re garbage for much longer, I wouldn’t want them to languish here) 

It just depresses me that we could have made so much more money just a few years ago… mind you I guess prices are depressed across the board so it doesn’t make a massive difference 

I’d sell Sibley if we had to sell one (whatever you do, do not tell my 9 year old son I said that) 

not because I don’t rate him simply because he doesn’t get in the team and a lot of the time not even on the bench. So we wouldn’t miss him.. except it would kill us all every time he did something brilliant in another kit ..

perhaps if we just sell joz for 2 mill that would be enough to keep the rest? Let Tom kazim and Sam go and Marshall and get some quality loans in forward positions 

Buchanan isn't going to sign a new deal, however we do get compensation for him. It's whether we can wait for the compensation cheque to clear, which is unlikely, so I would imagine that he will be sold ASAP to the team with the most cash upfront - not even necessarily the highest bidder. 

It will go some way to paying off the costs the administrators have racked up in their time here anyway.  

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Buchanan isn't going to sign a new deal, however we do get compensation for him. It's whether we can wait for the compensation cheque to clear, which is unlikely, so I would imagine that he will be sold ASAP to the team with the most cash upfront - not even necessarily the highest bidder. 

It will go some way to paying off the costs the administrators have racked up in their time here anyway.  

Don’t the club have an option to extend Buchanan by a year? This is complete hearsay so may be nonsense 

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Fact or opinion?

On 28/12/2021 at 23:48, norwichram said:

I’d sell Sibley if we had to sell one (whatever you do, do not tell my 9 year old son I said that) 

not because I don’t rate him simply because he doesn’t get in the team and a lot of the time not even on the bench. So we wouldn’t miss him.. except it would kill us all every time he did something brilliant in another kit ..

perhaps if we just sell joz for 2 mill that would be enough to keep the rest? Let Tom kazim and Sam go and Marshall and get some quality loans in forward positions 

Not kazim,cult hero 

On 29/12/2021 at 12:22, Chellaston Ram said:

At least if he goes we have Fozzy, Williams and Shinnie as cover

If we continue with a back 3, with the above 3 as options should we need a back 4, as much as I really like Buchanan and he’s still got tons of potential for his age, if a player has to go for whatever reasons for money, then losing Lee might hurt us less than others. We can also play Jozwiak as a wing back, he’s far more effective in that position.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

If we continue with a back 3, with the above 3 as options should we need a back 4, as much as I really like Buchanan and he’s still got tons of potential for his age, if a player has to go for whatever reasons for money, then losing Lee might hurt us less than others. We can also play Jozwiak as a wing back, he’s far more effective in that position.

Only sell our youngsters to premiership sides for big money - that’s my rules and I am sticking to them 

Do we have an option of a 1 year extension?

If so he could command a 'generous' fee to see us through to Feb.

I rate him but there is always Dylan Williams for cover. It always pains to lose any youngster though. 

Edited by kingsy1884

If we get a decent fee for him I would let him leave due to him not playing regular first team football and as we have other options at left  back. I hate to see players from our academy leave but at the same I'd rather sell him to generate money than Bird or Knight.