Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Some fans need to remember that we have one of the best defensive records in the league with Forsyth playing in that same defence.

Revie: "But Brian, I don't know why you took the (Leeds) job in the first place. Last season, we only lost three games. How could you possibly improve on that?"

Clough: "By only losing two".

19 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

I think some posters here think Dylan Williams has at least as much potential as Buchanan and could be given more opportunities, with Forsyth as an experienced alternative?

Ebosele has played left back for periods. He is still raw but obvious potential. 

Anything over £1.5 Million and I would snap your hand off.

You have to remember we are asking teams to pay 100% up front - this isn't common in football transfers anymore and that would drive the price down.

If somehow he goes and we get over £2 Million I'd be genuinely ecstatic. That would be good enough for two additional months whilst the off-the-pitch issues are sorted. (£2 million plus revenue received in those two months).

I honestly think we are better as a team with Forsyth and the back up is now Williams. (Would have been Shinnie). I think we have to accept that we cannot be picky over having more than one starter for a position anymore.

52 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Honestly, he’s got to go to help secure the future of the club. No offence to the lad, but he’s one of the few players who might command a fee of any consequence. 

Admin have already said there's no point in selling players. So it would have to be some bid to change that opinion.

Prefer to keep him.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Admin have already said there's no point in selling players. So it would have to be some bid to change that opinion.

Prefer to keep him.

So the solution is to take out more loans rather than sell a player for whom there is cover? Makes no sense to me 

5 hours ago, Maharan said:

Honestly, he’s got to go to help secure the future of the club. No offence to the lad, but he’s one of the few players who might command a fee of any consequence. 

That is my thinking, the combination of him commanding a reasonable transfer fee and not being in Wayne's strongest 11 means we should look to accept sensible offers. Purely to help the survival of the club.

So the solution is to take out more loans rather than sell a player for whom there is cover? Makes no sense to me 

I think they are realising that unless some serious money comes in, we're finished. Selling our prized assets for a pittance doesn't cut it anywhere near enough.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

I think they are realising that unless some serious money comes in, we're finished. Selling our prized assets for a pittance doesn't cut it anywhere near enough.

Surely something is better than nothing! If it all goes pear shaped the creditors get nothing (or at least very little) from player fees. 

1 hour ago, Maharan said:

Surely something is better than nothing! If it all goes pear shaped the creditors get nothing (or at least very little) from player fees. 

If we go pop, player registrations pass to EFL I think who then sell them on for the benefit of creditors. So why have fire sale now, it will not help. 

Selling players will put off buyers makes no sense.

Edited by PistoldPete

Not really.

At the moment, you get like Millwall and the Gumps are doing (and what Wigan did, but I don't blame them one bit because we shafted them in the past in the same way) - trying it on, offering a handful of rice to a starving man.

If we go out of business, then all player registrations revert back to the EFL and any players picked up by other clubs from that source will have prices set by some tribunal or other. Now in theory, you would expect that money to be passed on, via the Receiver, to the creditors. In addition, there is no wage bill from that point onwards.

In practice, I expect Middlesbrough and Wycombe to register some sort of claim with the EFL at that stage - at which point, the whole thing will explode in their faces as the creditors take them, and the EFL to court, win and the two clubs themselves and the EFL are hounded out of business on the back of a groundswell of public opinion.*

*ok, that last paragraph might be a little fanciful, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by Eddie

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not really.

At the moment, you get like Millwall and the Gumps are doing (and what Wigan did, but I don't blame them one bit because we shafted them in the past in the same way) - trying it on, offering a handful of rice to a starving man.

If we go out of business, then all player registrations revert back to the EFL and any players picked up by other clubs from that source will have prices set by some tribunal or other. Now in theory, you would expect that money to be passed on, via the Receiver, to the creditors. In addition, there is no wage bill from that point onwards.

In practice, I expect Middlesbrough and Wycombe to register some sort of claim with the EFL at that stage - at which point, the whole thing will explode in their faces as the creditors take them, and the EFL to court, win and the two clubs themselves and the EFL are hounded out of business on the back of a groundswell of public opinion.*

*ok, that last paragraph might be a little fanciful, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Ah, you were doing so well too!