Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You mean a “Hughes type fee”?

It makes me chuckle at how the Nigel Cloughisim’s are still going strong on this forum. 
On the Jozwiak thread  I always felt there was an undercurrent of the Cywka treatment being dished out to him 

From Hammers site . . .

Rooney could sell Buchanan for just £2 million this month according to The Sun. That sounds like incredible value for money to us.

We believe that the 20-year-old left-back would be the perfect January window addition for West Ham. He is available for a bargain fee and has the talent and potential needed to go on and become a truly elite player in the Premier League.

Whether we are able to beat off competition from Celtic for his signature, however, remains to be seen.

There should be no problem as far as that is concerned. We are a top six Premier League side, have European football on offer and the chance to live in London is surely one that would appeal to the young Derby man.

Let’s make this one happen, it could end up being one of the bargains of the decade.

29 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

the chance to live in London is surely one that would appeal to the young Derby man.

Really? ?

In the infamous words of Alan Partridge:

“Go to London, I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.”

1 minute ago, ANGERMAN1 said:

Really? ?

In the infamous words of Alan Partridge:

“Go to London, I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.”

All  good names for the future Pride Park ?

Accessed from  the Derby Way 

If the West Ham links are true it’s potentially a win for all involved. They should have no problem paying an acceptable fee, it drives up the price if there are multiple interested parties (though I know we’ll get what most of us think is far from fair value due to our position and history of selling youth), it’s an opportunity for one of our academy lads to play at a higher level….and it stops him going to the Red Dogs! 
Would be a shame to see him go, but it is one of the positions where we have a couple of options, could generate some decent immediate income, stick some sell on clauses in the deal for any future benefit so wouldn’t be catastrophic in my opinion to sell.

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

From Hammers site . . .

Rooney could sell Buchanan for just £2 million this month according to The Sun. That sounds like incredible value for money to us.

We believe that the 20-year-old left-back would be the perfect January window addition for West Ham. He is available for a bargain fee and has the talent and potential needed to go on and become a truly elite player in the Premier League.

Whether we are able to beat off competition from Celtic for his signature, however, remains to be seen.

There should be no problem as far as that is concerned. We are a top six Premier League side, have European football on offer and the chance to live in London is surely one that would appeal to the young Derby man.

Let’s make this one happen, it could end up being one of the bargains of the decade.

How would living in in London be appealing to a young Derby lad ! - it’s ok to visit for a day or two after that it’s a pleasure to leave!

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If the West Ham links are true it’s potentially a win for all involved. They should have no problem paying an acceptable fee, it drives up the price if there are multiple interested parties (though I know we’ll get what most of us think is far from fair value due to our position and history of selling youth), it’s an opportunity for one of our academy lads to play at a higher level….and it stops him going to the Red Dogs! 
Would be a shame to see him go, but it is one of the positions where we have a couple of options, could generate some decent immediate income, stick some sell on clauses in the deal for any future benefit so wouldn’t be catastrophic in my opinion to sell.

Only us could sell an England junior with lots of championship experience to a premiership club for absolute peanuts 

Does anyone genuinely think he's worth more / a lot more than the £2mil being quoted?

I think that's quite a fair price. More than fair in fact.

Celtic would be a good option for him, West Ham would end up the same way as Bogle & Lowe. No chance he dislodges Cresswell any time soon. I fear he'd be back in the Championship within a season or so. 

He's a good player, but probably only 'strong' championship level. 

Good luck to him if he does move on

27 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

Does anyone genuinely think he's worth more / a lot more than the £2mil being quoted?

Celtic would be a good option for him, West Ham would end up the same way as Bogle & Lowe. No chance he dislodges Cresswell any time soon. I fear he'd be back in the Championship within a season or so. 

Didn't we get £3.5m for Lowe? Based on that alone, we should get at least that for Buchanan - should be more due to age, England youth cap, etc.

7 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

I think some posters here think Dylan Williams has at least as much potential as Buchanan and could be given more opportunities, with Forsyth as an experienced alternative?

We just need someone to keep reminding Craig that we're playing in white at home.

5 hours ago, Sidd10 said:

Way to low for his talent I saying should be asking for 10m at least