Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

Transfers elsewhere look to be doing us a favour. Willock blocks Knight to Newcastle, James reduces chances of Sibley to Leeds and Taglaficio should end West Hams interest in Buchanan. Lawrence, Shinnie or Byrne most likely to leave last minute if anyone (not including Marshall).

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Transfers elsewhere look to be doing us a favour. Willock blocks Knight to Newcastle, James reduces chances of Sibley to Leeds and Taglaficio should end West Hams interest in Buchanan. Lawrence, Shinnie or Byrne most likely to leave last minute if anyone (not including Marshall).

I don't think we can afford to loose Lawrence, Shinnie or Bryne. Hopefully Marshall moves on freeing up a spot for another attacking option to come in though.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not Burnley.  I look forward to there 2 months of bids starting at 1.99 going up in £10 increments.  Not a proper season without that.

I can never believe how badly Burnley handle transfer negotiations. What a terrible idea to try to keep transfer outgoings to a minimum and only pay what they can afford. They'll never achieve Mel's level of success with that attitude. 

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

I can never believe how badly Burnley handle transfer negotiations. What a terrible idea to try to keep transfer outgoings to a minimum and only pay what they can afford. They'll never achieve Mel's level of success with that attitude. 

They probably wish they hadn't bothered outbidding Leeds for Vydra.  He must have cost them 3.5 million a goal.  Makes Blackmans 2.5 million a goal look like a bargain.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They probably wish they hadn't bothered outbidding Leeds for Vydra.  He must have cost them 3.5 million a goal.  Makes Blackmans 2.5 million a goal look like a bargain.

Blackmans 10p a goal alright scored one whole time he was here.

On 24/10/2021 at 08:05, Jimbo Ram said:

Linked with Celtic now according to Nixon….

This doesn't surprise me. An Arsenal fan Twitter stats account analysed his play and he was found to have a similar play style as Kieran Tierney when they were looking for backup when he was injured.

• 2 months later...

I wonder how much Buchanan and the other lads would have been worth around the 2018 time when player prices were peaking 

Wed be sitting on a gold mine- mind you, how many of the youth currently getting in the team would have got in the team then? 

12 hours ago, Jram said:

I wonder how much Buchanan and the other lads would have been worth around the 2018 time when player prices were peaking 

Wed be sitting on a gold mine- mind you, how many of the youth currently getting in the team would have got in the team then? 

If we did end up having to sell one of the Crown Jewels I think Buchanan is probably the one I would let go. We have got Fozzy and Williams who can play there. I would be more disappointed to lose Knight, Bird, Sibley or Festy……

58 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If we did end up having to sell one of the Crown Jewels I think Buchanan is probably the one I would let go. We have got Fozzy and Williams who can play there. I would be more disappointed to lose Knight, Bird, Sibley or Festy……

Sibley may decide he doesn’t fit here any more. Knight is the best player we have. His energy is awesome and gives the whole team a lift.