Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Well amid all this negativity and "I'm not watching", I'm really looking forward to this. A cup final if ever there was one and the first time since Leeds away in the play offs, a game to get really excited and nervous about. If we win, we deserve to stay up, if we lose we deserve to go down, so ultimately we will get what's coming to us!

Regardless, I'll have a couple of beers and enjoy it as a game that actually, really and properly matters. 

13 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Well amid all this negativity and "I'm not watching", I'm really looking forward to this. A cup final if ever there was one and the first time since Leeds away in the play offs, a game to get really excited and nervous about. If we win, we deserve to stay up, if we lose we deserve to go down, so ultimately we will get what's coming to us!

Regardless, I'll have a couple of beers and enjoy it as a game that actually, really and properly matters. 

Pretty sure the game after the Leeds one was a cup final to get excited and nervous about ?

We haven’t come from behind to win all season, so it’ll be classic Derby to do just that on the last day of the season to save our bacon.

2-0 down to 3-2 up. Rosenior and Rooney do a lap of the stadium in celebration as though they have been possessed by two Super Bowl winning American football stars.

And it dawns on us, no-one is going anywhere. Not Rooney. Not Rosenior. Not Mel. Not Pearce.

Two more years of this...

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Two more years of this...

I’d rather cover my balls in honey and nail them to a wasps nest ! 

Absolute bag of nerves for this one.  My Wednesday mate is adamant they'll lose.  I hope he's right.  I'm then off round another mate's for a beer to celebrate his birthday.  It'll either be that, or more of a funeral wake depending on the result.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm the same.

Plus I'm watching a game with my usual away day lot for the first time in a very long time.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes I'll certainly be watching. 

Find it strange that posters on here ask for effort and commitment from the players then say they couldn't bear to watch the game! 

I’m sat at work and my stomachs a mess with nerves already ahead of tomorrow

all I can think about is the worst case scenario 

i don’t think I’m going to be able to handle this 

Alcohol on standby

Edited by NottsRam77

2 hours ago, Crazy said:

Pretty sure the game after the Leeds one was a cup final to get excited and nervous about ?

Fair point, but to me Leeds away was the bigger game, as stupid as that sounds. I really enjoyed the day at Wembley, and particularly the night before knocking about the local boozers near the stadium, but games at Wembley (for me) don't really generate much atmosphere, it's not intimate, its too vast, it's more of a great day out than a gut-churning, vomit-inducing, nervous body-shaking experience like the Leeds game was, and tomorrow might turn out to be. Just makes the high even higher when you win. Even if we'd beaten Villa, that Leeds game will be the one I will remember forever. Especially seeing them in tears of disbelief as they left their stadium. The joy of it. I'll have some more of that tomorrow please; just such a shame we can't be there.

Edited by VulcanRam