Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, MrPlinkett said:

Is anyone else actually excited for Saturday ? Weirdly I'm looking forward to it more than any other game this season. 

Are you mad?

It's like waiting for an operation with a 50/50 chance of success.

The surgeon is Dr Crippen, ably assisted by Dr Shipman, and the nursing team led by Nurse Allitt.

Perhaps we should try to inspire the players with the chance to be forgotten?

Get it done, this team and season will be forgotten as a footnote in our story and they'll slope off having done their jobs, just.

Fail, and they will be remembered by Derby fans, and likely not forgiven.

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Perhaps we should try to inspire the players with the chance to be forgotten?

Get it done, this team and season will be forgotten as a footnote in our story and they'll slope off having done their jobs, just.

Fail, and they will be remembered by Derby fans, and likely not forgiven.

Just nip down Friday night and stick a load of flags and messages from fans outside the players entrance.. ? 

12 hours ago, Rample said:

I've sussed it, we bring a few quality free agents (Diego Costa & Daniel Sturridge spring to mind) in for one game on a £500k each bonus to keep us up. Might be unfit, but have a bit of class about them. Should have gone for Sturridge when Gregory got injured.

There is also a free agent striker called Bismark, which would be great for headline writers but I think it may be tempting fate.

Could scuttle us and leave us with a sinking feeling. dfWGP3E.gif.16ecd3883895101ac98d0af2f3fd6659.gif

The question I’m asking myself is ,are we capable of avoiding defeat , if we can we stay up but are we mentally shot, the biggest 90 plus minutes these players have ever played in there careers.We need all players giving everything not 6 or 7 if they all don’t we are seriously in trouble.

2 hours ago, falconram said:

The question I’m asking myself is ,are we capable of avoiding defeat , if we can we stay up but are we mentally shot, the biggest 90 plus minutes these players have ever played in there careers.We need all players giving everything not 6 or 7 if they all don’t we are seriously in trouble.

I do worry. It's not about ability, it's about mentality and with quite a few on their way after saturday and the team's utterly weak losing mentality added to the pressure, i can not see us handling it at all. The only unknown is will Wednesday suffer similar issues and be just as terrified and weak?

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do worry. It's not about ability, it's about mentality and with quite a few on their way after saturday and the team's utterly weak losing mentality added to the pressure, i can not see us handling it at all. The only unknown is will Wednesday suffer similar issues and be just as terrified and weak?

Sheffield Wednesday have a free hit really and in my mind sadly I think they have the better players currently ( most will be leaving regardless next season) but we are perfectly capable of playing well enough to do the job but this game will look rather insignificant compared with what might be coming next season?

Just want to announce now that we are going to stay up!!

At work the lads made up a Derby song saying we were going to lose every game etc etc to the Mike Oldfield Christmas tune and got taunted regularly much to there amusement!!  ( football banter!!) and since then we have capitulated badly....I have now approached them at work  and they have today made up new lyrics saying we will stay up and Weds and Rovrum will go down ..........pheeeew lol....I'm trying anything to make myself less nervous lol.....

3 hours ago, falconram said:

How many out of the squad selected on saturday will be here next season?? To you and I its a massive game but I very much doubt its seen as the biggest games of there careers.

I don't think (apart from PNE ) I have seen a lack of effort so we hopefully will get over the line but I suspect this game will not mean as much to some of the squad as it is to you, I and the fans on this forum 

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

But we will go down if we lose to Wendies .....simple as that 

there are 2 games in flow, with rovrum winning comfortably the Derby game is worthless if wendy are winning comfortably also.  Anyway tired of this, we are going to by 5-0 up at half time and both of them will have given up