SHEFF WEDS (h) Meet and greet the players who’ve let us down so badly this season.

Kingpin

10 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I think this is the right time to let our feelings be known pre match. 

Do or die you boys. 

This is a stupid idea, demotivate before they go to a crunch game... 

It's a game at the end of the day, what will be will be, it's been coming for a few years anyway.

If the players haven't tried and seemed to not care less then this would've been vented by the fans if we were allowed in but apart from one game against PNE I cannot think of one game where the players have not tried so just what is the point in doing this before a massive game ?

I honestly do not think our players have not given there all for all this season .....there's lots of reasons we have failed this season and dont suppose the players  not getting paid helped much....but the effort has been there so I'll give your suggestion a miss.

pre - Sheff Weds is NOT the time to be questioning whats gone wrong

13 hours ago, sage said:

Disappointing for sure. Less talented than Lawrence but not as lazy IMO.

Why does Tom get labelled as lazy when he tracks back as much as anyone, i get he lost his player for one of the goals against PNE but you're obviously watching a different game to me because Lawrence does his share of tracking back .....

Just to add another voice that is completely against a protest.

At this stage of the season, with what is on the line, we don’t need to add further negativity, but do what we can from a far to not attack, but support the club and encourage the players the best we can.

How? Well that’s extremely difficult given Police and club advice is to stay away if you are there to berate or encourage the team.

We could not whip ourselves into a frenzy over every rumour and deleted tweet, squash any talk of protests, not mention the club, players or potential new owner with angry tweets.

I’m not suggesting fake “happy clapping”, simply words of encouragement. 

Championship survival should be our key priority right now.

14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Who the Eff are they?

"We, the supporters"?   ?

I'm a supporter, and yet I demand nothing, let alone "concrete proof regarding the financial security of the club"!  They need to rename their group "ClubArrogant"!  

Here's some of the names - those who have been involved with some of the other protest groups from back in the 3WM will recognise some of the names (and no, I don't think it is that Luke Varney). Look, I have no issue that people are extremely frustrated and their enforced distance from the club heightens that. But these are just another same old, same old trying to be the voice of the fan by 'demanding' answers. They are just a few you and mes who have decided to group together, whip up a logo on their Daddy's (or Mummy's) Apple Mac and think somehow now they are front and centre in all of this. They're not.

image.png.0e92302b89935faed2e92ba3ed1d435b.png

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Here's some of the names - those who have been involved with some of the other protest groups from back in the 3WM will recognise some of the names (and no, I don't think it is that Luke Varney). Look, I have no issue that people are extremely frustrated and their enforced distance from the club heightens that. But these are just another same old, same old trying to be the voice of the fan by 'demanding' answers. They are just a few you and mes who have decided to group together, whip up a logo on their Daddy's (or Mummy's) Apple Mac and think somehow now they are front and centre in all of this. They're not.

image.png.0e92302b89935faed2e92ba3ed1d435b.png

So, The Gregory's and a few mates then!   ?

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

So, The Gregory's and a few mates then!   ?

I don't want to be ageist (not that it should matter) but I don't see too many Kevin, Steven or David in there - feels a bit like the invite list to my son's 11th birthday party (though even he invited at least one girl). Their photo on their Twitter profile page is taken from Covent Garden before the last play off final. Again, you can't help when you were born but I'd like to think we have more to be proud of than that a few of us gathered outside one pub before a game we lost and never looked like winning. Few of their tweets refer to missing 'all day drinking before the game' and that sort of thing - again, not quite giving the right image (whether you like it or not) to be taken seriously by the club, or most fans.

Just as Twitter can become something of an echo chamber, let's not let this forum do the same...

Yes, I can understand why so many on here are knocking those that are talking about protesting etc. But surely we can see also that, among a decent section of our fanbase, there is a huge amount of unrest at the moment. There's a lot of fear about the current state and future of our club, and from that fear and uncertainty, ideas like protests arise.

Shouldn't we engage with these people a bit more and try and find a middle-ground, rather than mock them?

They, at the end of the day, only want what we want: our club to be OK, to be looked after, and to be moving forward.

These divides and fractures in our supporter base are all symptomatic of a club which is, let's face it, not in a good place. 

Rather than boo them, or cheer them, couldn't we give them cash on their way in as a motivator?

Or maybe fill a see-through box full of cash, which they can have if they win.

Even if we haven't got spare dosh, some of us are relatively young enough to sell some of our body organs.

Edited by Ken Tram

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just as Twitter can become something of an echo chamber, let's not let this forum do the same...

Yes, I can understand why so many on here are knocking those that are talking about protesting etc. But surely we can see also that, among a decent section of our fanbase, there is a huge amount of unrest at the moment. There's a lot of fear about the current state and future of our club, and from that fear and uncertainty, ideas like protests arise.

Shouldn't we engage with these people a bit more and try and find a middle-ground, rather than mock them?

They, at the end of the day, only want what we want: our club to be OK, to be looked after, and to be moving forward.

These divides and fractures in our supporter base are all symptomatic of a club which is, let's face it, not in a good place. 

For my part, I'd just like to clarify that I have no problem with their threats to Protest... although I admit I don't agree with them, in any way, shape or form, but still respect their right to protest, should they ultimately choose to do so.

My gripe is purely that they use terms such as "We, the supporters...", and claim to be speaking on our... MY!...  behalf.
As a supporter myself, I don't ever recall asking, demanding, or agreeing to them speaking on my behalf, and would ask that they chose their wording a little more carefully for future "Announcements".

That... and the fact they don't appear to know how to use a calendar!