SHEFF WEDS (h) Meet and greet the players who’ve let us down so badly this season.

Kingpin

On the Wednesday forum last week they were trying to encourage as many fans as possible to greet the players as they arrived for the match agains Forest.

They were to meet outside Hillsborough park as the players arrived.

As I only live 10 minutes from the ground I thought it would be a good idea to drive past with Derby scarves hanging out of the car and wearing my Derby top.

When I got to Hillsborough there was hardly anyone there. I work with so many Wednesday fans my life will be a misery if we go down.

Meeting outside the ground is a great idea. The players need to made aware of what it means to us to stay up (if it was not clear enough already).

1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

Come on. 
get real. 

They are a shower. There are no hard luck stories here, there’s more than enough in this squad to be nowhere near our current state. 

You say that this squad is more than enough.

Therefore I think that you mean that they "have played like a shower" rather than "they are a shower".

And if you think that they are good enough, then although shouting at them is of course the sort of thing that we might do at the pub, and which we nearly all do sporadically when annoyed at the ground (if we're honest) ...

... with things riding on a single game, subject to the vagaries of luck ... helping the players to have the highest levels of confidence ... and making them feel like they're the best thing since sliced bread ... is probably more likely to increase their chances of winning.

(Not always the case - and not always the best approach - but probably, for the last game, it Weill be. I did wonder if booing might be better, but I have been persuaded that it would not.)

(I'm not fully convinced yet that offering them an extra £10 grand each might not be the most effective approach.)

And, if there are any players that will react to a rollicking, let Rooney do that, ideally in private.

I cannot make it to the ground on Saturday, but if you do, I hope that when you finally get the chance to enjoy that long-forgotten feeling of being surrounded by fans (albeit socially distanced), that you will end up cheering with everyone else.

PS. I was listening to some comedienne the other day saying that she told herself that she would absolutely not courtesy to the Queen at a Royal Variety performance, or whatever, but when it came to it, she bobbed the deepest courtesy.

It made me think of you (in a good way) - that it's great to hear your passion and I can see your disappointment!

Ihope that, in the moment, among the fans, you'd probably have much more fun cheering, and find yourself (almost automatically) doing so.

I don't expect you to agree - but maybe you won't disagree either.

Edited by Ken Tram

On 27/04/2021 at 11:45, Ellafella said:

Pardon me @Anon, but I think the title sends out entirely the wrong message and I suspect is NOT the view of the vast majority of posters/fans on this Forum. Nor is it in the spirit of football. 

Entirely agree. Perhaps the op made a mistake ? but it has all the feel of calling for a baying mob. It’s a psychology that is primitive and to me destructive. If you’re apprehensive, bullied, under the cosh you will fight but never with the same verve that inspiration and encouragement gives you. 

On 27/04/2021 at 11:26, sage said:

Maybe, just maybe if a hundred of us rather than 8 (and just me off this forum) encourage the the players before the next game it may help. 

You aren't a Mod are you ... more of a Political Officer/Commissar kind of thing ?  ?

Russian GIF by memecandy

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

You aren't a Mod are you ... more of a Political Officer/Commissar kind of thing ?  ?

Russian GIF by memecandy

Just a fan who wants us to do well. You want to join us? Don't you. Are your family well? 

Edited by sage