SHEFF WEDS (h) Meet and greet the players who’ve let us down so badly this season.

Kingpin

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just as Twitter can become something of an echo chamber, let's not let this forum do the same...

Yes, I can understand why so many on here are knocking those that are talking about protesting etc. But surely we can see also that, among a decent section of our fanbase, there is a huge amount of unrest at the moment. There's a lot of fear about the current state and future of our club, and from that fear and uncertainty, ideas like protests arise.

Shouldn't we engage with these people a bit more and try and find a middle-ground, rather than mock them?

They, at the end of the day, only want what we want: our club to be OK, to be looked after, and to be moving forward.

These divides and fractures in our supporter base are all symptomatic of a club which is, let's face it, not in a good place. 

There’s a bigger point to made about this, but I do think you are correct that there a lot more clearer lines of division within the fan base which have been stirring for a long time that aren’t helping the current situation 

We need to do our bit. Show the team we are right behind them. Give them some encouragement. I'm convinced we have struggled this season due to an empty stadium. Not saying we would playoff material but no way we would be down here. 

If it goes tits up moan after. I won't  be though, I'll be drowning my sorrows in the merlin.

Edited by Josh

On 28/04/2021 at 00:28, sage said:

Those people had resilience.

They didn't have mardy flap when things didn't go there way. 

I think they probably all had a very keen sense of the difference between fighting a total war against a genocidal maniac for the survival of free mankind, and, the outcome of a football match.

And when things didn't go their way, they tended to be dead.

On 27/04/2021 at 10:42, Kingpin said:

I think this is the right time to let our feelings be known pre match. 

Do or die you boys. 

Pre Match ? That isn’t support. That’s like tacky journalism. Let’s stir some discord, it always sells copy

horrible post. 

To be fair if they turn up on the coach and theres a few 100 outside, cant do any harm! Just gives them a reminder what it means to the fans! Must be odd for them playing behind closed doors! Lets face it, this season probably wouldnt have panned out like this with fans in the ground! Doubt it will happen tho! I know players should know what it means to fans but seeing it, must motivate them surely!!!

2 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

To be fair if they turn up on the coach and theres a few 100 outside, cant do any harm! Just gives them a reminder what it means to the fans! Must be odd for them playing behind closed doors! Lets face it, this season probably wouldnt have panned out like this with fans in the ground! Doubt it will happen tho! I know players should know what it means to fans but seeing it, must motivate them surely!!!

They come in their cars and arrive roughly 90 minutes before the game starts. I will be there to give encouragement. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

They come in their cars and arrive roughly 90 minutes before the game starts. I will be there to give encouragement. 

Would love to be there but being in New Brunswick makes it a tricky one..just did a beer run to the local craft brewery in preparation.. will have a fair few during the game to oil the vocal chords. OK it will be 830am but these are troubled times..

39 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

The vast majority of this lot quite obviously don’t. 

I really dislike the tone of your posts. Finger pointing, sneering and full of jibes. We haven’t done well, no one can deny it but I reckon these young men are like most young men. They like sport and competition, they like to win they play hard. Sure they have been beaten, out smarted, made mistakes too often, but the way you damn the team you claim to support undermines them. Voicing displeasure is one thing, kicking your own men when they are on the floor is as tawdry and unhelpful as it is cowardly.

4 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Come on. 
get real. 

They are a shower. There are no hard luck stories here, there’s more than enough in this squad to be nowhere near our current state. 

They have been out smarted and out played, they have made too many mistakes, and yes they should have done better with the group skill set they have:  but I am a supporter of this club. When the team is facing a huge battle on the last day of the season the one thing I would never do is question their integrity. You mess up at work .. you know you messed up .. the results of your failings are visible but you have a chance to put it right right ? And your boss and colleagues .. are jeering at you as you walk through the door saying your a loser, sticking leg out to trip you up by the door and saying don’t care and haven’t tried ?  .. thank heavens I don’t work anywhere near you !