Liam Delap

Day

59 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Why wouldn’t Citeh want him developed by one of the best forwards to play the game….fook me they should be paying us to look after him for the season ?

Probably because one of the best forwards to play the game isn’t one of the best at getting his teams to attack? 

16 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Stoke are looking to sign Sam Surridge from Bournemouth for £5.5m which is absolutely insane money for a player who has struggled to establish himself at any level above League Two.

I'd imagine that Liam Delap is still up for grabs. 

He is up for grabs but city reportedly want his wages paid and a loan fee totalling £2.5 million to be paid plus he has to play when fit - that is simply way out of our possibility’s 

the only slight possibility we would have was if we sold of any potential money owed to us and any potential sell on percentages - which would probably be a very expensive loss to us in the future. 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

He is up for grabs but city reportedly want his wages paid and a loan fee totalling £2.5 million to be paid plus he has to play when fit - that is simply way out of our possibility’s 

the only slight possibility we would have was if we sold of any potential money owed to us and any potential sell on percentages - which would probably be a very expensive loss to us in the future. 

Agreed, but if he scored the goals that kept us in the league then perhaps it wouldn't be as expensive. I'd imagine one of the richer clubs, perhaps even Bournemouth, will take him on loan. 

A player we developed for 10 years, lost for pennies, goes on to become the league's top goalscorer whilst on loan to a parachute payment club in the same season we get relegated with a record low points total in the second division. I think that would be the cherry on top of the cake. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Agreed, but if he scored the goals that kept us in the league then perhaps it wouldn't be as expensive. I'd imagine one of the richer clubs, perhaps even Bournemouth, will take him on loan. 

A player we developed for 10 years, lost for pennies, goes on to become the league's top goalscorer whilst on loan to a parachute payment club in the same season we get relegated with a record low points total in the second division. I think that would be the cherry on top of the cake. 

All possible but he would probably do a hamstring if we signed him anyway ?

On 02/08/2021 at 17:14, Ambitious said:

Stoke makes sense as his dad is literally a first team coach there. Man City know he's going to be looked after and Stoke should be well equipped to have a decent season. If I was him, I would still be looking to get a move to West Brom. Pereira and Diangana are as good of a supply chain you get at this level

The only way we can muscle our way in would be to take a hit on any future money that we may be owed. Man City would no doubt appreciate that more than any upfront payment. 

What if it ends up being Lawrence and Reach?!

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2021 at 10:06, Sparkle said:

If we didn’t install a first dibs on a loan without fee when we sold him to city we’ve missed a trick here

On 15/08/2021 at 12:54, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

If we didn’t install a first dibs on a loan without fee when we sold him to city we’ve missed a trick here

We couldn’t do anything about it but to make life easier they agreed to pay us a bit more - I would be much happier to know that we would receive a 25% sell on fee because he just isn’t going to be a regular at Man City with all their money