Liam Delap

Day

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Sell an add-on that would be worthless after liquidation or sell Sibley for 1/2 million now instead. That might be the assessment Quantuma have had to make. 

If true, it's another example of the damage that Mel has done. At least it's not going to pay a Panama-based lender for the sole benefit of the parasite owners and is possibly one of the sources for the funding for February. 

Don't worry, I won't be offering Systematic Oppression FC any thanks or praise for this one. 

Or encourage the fans to keep filling the stadium? Just 1400 extra per game more than covers that £250k

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or encourage the fans to keep filling the stadium? Just 1400 extra per game more than covers that £250k

Which is approximately what our attempts to fill the ground achieved. Initially disappointed with only getting aroun 1500 extra people there, but it all helps. 

I hope some of the fans who turned up on Saturday keep coming. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Which is approximately what our attempts to fill the ground achieved. Initially disappointed with only getting aroun 1500 extra people there, but it all helps. 

I hope some of the fans who turned up on Saturday keep coming. 

Unfortunately hopefully a couple around me don't come back......not representitive of the die hards that have "supported" The team all season no matter how the games panning out

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

One is certain, the other isn't. Besides, we might well need both in order to get through the rest of the season - our ability to borrow further funds may be limited.

If the rumours were true, the maximum additional sums we could have picked up from Delap's add-ons was about £1.8M - useful, but not mind-blowing - but City have undoubtedly taken advantage of the situation with limited benefit to us.

I just hope they haven't done the same with Gordon and the other kids who left recently.

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

One is certain, the other isn't. Besides, we might well need both in order to get through the rest of the season - our ability to borrow further funds may be limited.

If the rumours were true, the maximum additional sums we could have picked up from Delap's add-ons was about £1.8M - useful, but not mind-blowing - but City have undoubtedly taken advantage of the situation with limited benefit to us.

I just hope they haven't done the same with Gordon and the other kids who left recently.

Football family.  Hope they threw in that extra tenner they owed us . A-holes

On 01/02/2022 at 13:08, Crewton said:

Sell an add-on that would be worthless after liquidation or sell Sibley for 1/2 million now instead. That might be the assessment Quantuma have had to make. 

If true, it's another example of the damage that Mel has done. At least it's not going to pay a Panama-based lender for the sole benefit of the parasite owners and is possibly one of the sources for the funding for February. 

Don't worry, I won't be offering Systematic Oppression FC any thanks or praise for this one. 

Yeah it's not great but I could see how this could be a least-worst option. We really don't want to be selling any more players for rock-bottom prices, and we've not got a lot of options for raising funds.

At the moment the priority has to be keep the club going long enough to get clarity on the claims against us, then - depending how that goes - achieve a sale. If there's no prospect of Delap being sold any time soon (and clearly he's not going anywhere until at least summer now), then it seems a reasonable thing to do.

We are in a life-or-death struggle here, and run by administrators whose first duty is to the creditors. In those circumstances I'm actually relieved, and pleasantly surprised, we didn't see a fire sale of players last month. I'm less bothered about cashing in a clause that might be worth a lot of money at some unspecified point in the future - at the moment there are no guarantees we will even have a club by the time Delap is sold.

22 hours ago, Crewton said:

It's possible we approached them with the suggestion? We are the ones who are desperate for cash.

On 01/02/2022 at 11:53, Grumpy Git said:

I've heard the administrators have sold our 15% sell-on clause for Delap back to Man City for £250,000 in order to raise funds. I don't know when this happened though.

Apparently City knocked-back a recent £15,000,000 bid from Dortmund. All pie in the sky, but that would have netted us an extra £2,000,000 if it had gone through.

We've not got a pot to pi55 in!

The £250k now, of course, helps the administrators pay their own fees when the club goes under. It's got to be trending in that direction, otherwise we've just sanctioned a beyond awful business deal that takes equity away albeit putting money in the bank.