Liam Delap

Day

38 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Getting back on topic, is there any chance we could get Delap or is this merely the recycling of old news? 

More chance of Erik Alonso buying the club, spending 150 million, buying 1 player for 20 million and leading us to champions league football than there is of us signing Liam Delap this season.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

More chance of Erik Alonso buying the club, spending 150 million, buying 1 player for 20 million and leading us to champions league football than there is of us signing Liam Delap this season.

I think we should sign him if only for the fact his name is Paled Mail backwards ?

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think we should sign him if only for the fact his name is Paled Mail backwards ?

?

Actually, I saw Rory and I'm assuming his other son walking their dog on Darley Park a few weeks back so they are clearly a local family. If Liam is loaned out to a championship club the ticks in the box for us are, he has a place to stay where he feels comfortable, is guaranteed to play footy and would be coached by Englands top goalscorer.

But, the loan fee would surely price us out the market.

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

?

Actually, I saw Rory and I'm assuming his other son walking their dog on Darley Park a few weeks back so they are clearly a local family. If Liam is loaned out to a championship club the ticks in the box for us are, he has a place to stay where he feels comfortable, is guaranteed to play footy and would be coached by Englands top goalscorer.

I know it’s not ideal but regarding the loan fee could they send him us on loan for 6 months (with an agreement to extend another 6 months) in return for one of our better youth prospects on a permanent? 

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

?

Yes, would love to see him prosper under Wazza like our other youngsters have....can't see it happening though....

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

?

We could do a deal with city, where we defer the loan fee. Loan him for 6 months with an agreement for the rest of the season after that. If, In 6 months we have been taken over and are out of the embargo we can pay the loan fee then. 

If we are still not taken over then defer till the end of season.

A promise to pay as it were.

We could also offer to pay his full wages as i wouldn't have thought it'd be over 11.5k.

Well in my head it could work anyroad ?

18 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

We could do a deal with city, where we defer the loan fee. Loan him for 6 months with an agreement for the rest of the season after that. If, In 6 months we have been taken over and are out of the embargo we can pay the loan fee then. 

If we are still not taken over then defer till the end of season.

A promise to pay as it were.

We could also offer to pay his full wages as i wouldn't have thought it'd be over 11.5k.

Well in my head it could work anyroad ?

Isn’t it easier to promise to fly with Etihad Airways for the next Middle East tournament we are invited to attend 

3 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I know it’s not ideal but regarding the loan fee could they send him us on loan for 6 months (with an agreement to extend another 6 months) in return for one of our better youth prospects on a permanent? 

Wouldn't they just take them anyway, just like they did with Delap?

This could surprisingly make plenty of sense, imagine we sold him with a 20% sell on fee or large add ons in terms of first team appearances, international appearances etc. 

Man city say we loan you him for season for no fee and no wages and we wipe the clauses away, couod potentially be worth far more to them than one loan fee. 

Just a thought. 

17 minutes ago, JCRam said:

This could surprisingly make plenty of sense, imagine we sold him with a 20% sell on fee or large add ons in terms of first team appearances, international appearances etc. 

Man city say we loan you him for season for no fee and no wages and we wipe the clauses away, couod potentially be worth far more to them than one loan fee. 

Just a thought. 

Short sighted on our part, potentially, but makes sense given our predicament. I’d try and reduce whatever sell on fee rather than completely eradicate it. I would say that there is a deal to be made though. 

38 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

First team football? If he is as good as many think he would be a regular starter here

If he’s that good surely the better teams will be in for him and he’ll go to a promotion chasing club not a struggler.

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If he’s that good surely the better teams will be in for him and he’ll go to a promotion chasing club not a struggler.

West Brom were linked too but it could come down to game time and he is more likely to get that at a club with a small squad like ours than West Broms

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

West Brom were linked too but it could come down to game time and he is more likely to get that at a club with a small squad like ours than West Broms

If he’s as good as advertised then I would imagine that getting in West Brom’s team isn’t going to cause him the slightest bit of bother. The benefit for Man City sending him here is that they could write off potentially 10s of millions in future fees by just giving him to us for a season (half a season). I do think West Brom would be the best move for him, though, as they have a lot of talent to surround around him. It’s easier to score 30+ goals for West Brom at this level than 15+ for Derby. You will get far more recognition for the former too. 

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

If he’s as good as advertised then I would imagine that getting in West Brom’s team isn’t going to cause him the slightest bit of bother. The benefit for Man City sending him here is that they could write off potentially 10s of millions in future fees by just giving him to us for a season (half a season). I do think West Brom would be the best move for him, though, as they have a lot of talent to surround around him. It’s easier to score 30+ goals for West Brom at this level than 15+ for Derby. You will get far more recognition for the former too. 

He sounds like the new Jimmy Greaves ?

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Who knows who will be promotion chasing and who will be fighting relegation ?‍♂️

The three promoted clubs will be from the pool of four clubs: Bournemouth, Fulham, West Brom and Sheff Utd. I'd bet heavily on that right now. 

As for relegation, it's much more difficult to predict. I think you know roughly which teams will be down there though - us being one.