Liam Delap

Day

He looks like he's going to be the most sought after loan player in the Championship this season, which is a shame considering he left us in the first place. 

I honestly can't blame him. I feel sorry for the ones that stuck around. Gordon, Delap...etc. They made the correct choice. 

43 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Stretton looks like he could be a decent player in 2/3 years - Delap looks like he'd tear the championship apart right now

We need players who will contribute right now unfortunately 

I’d loan Stratton to a league two/lower league one team for they year if it meant being able to get Delap for the year. Maybe Salford? 

1 hour ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Ridiculous. Let’s develop a player that left us instead of Stretton. No thanks 

So according to you, every player that leaves dcfc would not be welcome back?. Stretton is no where near good enough yet for the 1st team.

Delap would tear the arse out of this league NOW.

I don't know if you've noticed but we are in the poo, now is not the time for giving kids a run out in the first team to hopefully develop.

We need to get as far away of that relegation zone as poss.

Anyone with half a brain would take Delap over Stretton.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

So according to you, every player that leaves dcfc would not be welcome back?. Stretton is no where near good enough yet for the 1st team.

Delap would tear the arse out of this league NOW.

I don't know if you've noticed but we are in the poo, now is not the time for giving kids a run out in the first team to hopefully develop.

We need to get as far away of that relegation zone as poss.

Anyone with half a brain would take Delap over Stretton.

I hope I get to negotiate with you in business one day. Here, take our best youth player for free and then send him back for further free development at the expense of our squad….oh and we will of course pay a loan fee and his wages ???

Just now, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

I hope I get to negotiate with you in business one day. Here, take our best youth player for free and then send him back for further free development at the expense of our squad….oh and we will of course pay a loan fee and his wages ???

So you think it was Derby's choice he left then? ?

5 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

He didn't leave for free, we got over £1m in compensation, iirc. 

His wages are going to be a youth players wage, also who says we will be paying all of his wages and a loan fee? 

Just now, rynny said:

His wages are going to be a youth players wage, also who says we will be paying all of his wages and a loan fee? 

I thought under embargo we couldn't pay a loan fee?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Your points are valid, but a Man City youth player's wage is probably going to be very different from a Derby youth player's wage.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Your points are valid, but a Man City youth player's wage is probably going to be very different from a Derby youth player's wage.

wouldn't have thought it'd be over £5000pw.

Purely guessing of course 

3 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Absolutely not but it’s our choice as to who we develop next season

So would you have sooner developed Stretton rather than had Mount, Tomori & wilson?.

Like I said, next season is not a season for developing kids that are no where near good enough for the 1st team yet.

Delap is obviously good enough for this league and CERTAINLY  good enough for us next season.

Most championship clubs look towards talented youngsters from the top prem sides. I hate to tell you that we ain't a big hitter in this league any more.

Delap, LIke Mount would be the 1st name on the team sheet IF he came.

No brainer of a signing.

16 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Absolutely not but it’s our choice as to who we develop next season

I don't really understand how you think we're in a position to be developing young players who aren't ready yet? We barely scraped survival last season and we have a decimated squad

Any player who can come in and contribute RIGHT NOW is what we're crying out for - Not someone who will play a bit part but could be good in a couple of years

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

So would you have sooner developed Stretton rather than had Mount, Tomori & wilson?.

Like I said, next season is not a season for developing kids that are no where near good enough for the 1st team yet.

Delap is obviously good enough for this league and CERTAINLY  good enough for us next season.

Most championship clubs look towards talented youngsters from the top prem sides. I hate to tell you that we ain't a big hitter in this league any more.

Delap, LIke Mount would be the 1st name on the team sheet IF he came.

No brainer of a signing.

Agree. Our total lack of goals needs addressing now....Stretton still has plenty of time to develop with us.