Liam Delap

Day

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

I reckon the EFL should ban loans of U23s. Let the European Super league wassocks take as many kids as they like and stockpile them but be damned if we'll help them develop. Sickens me. 

Absolutely but the EFL clubs can collectively refuse to take them and give them play time, they would soon stop hovering up all the better talent and only focus on the very best (Foden) 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Delap chose to move on. I'm very happy to give Jack Stretton the chance instead. 

Watching Delap at City and Gordon at Liverpool plus the mystery three that went to Man Utd is not my first choice by a very long way.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Delap chose to move on. I'm very happy to give Jack Stretton the chance instead. 

I agree on the sentiment but there are some potential positives for us - he could score plenty of goals which would be a good thing for Derby county - he may have a sell on clause where we benefit in the future - he is a different type of forward to Stretton who I like a lot from what I have seen so far but he may be even better with an energetic partner.

From Man City point of view he would be playing regularly near to his home at a place where he knows people and not at a club (Stoke) where his father works as a coach. We would also need them to pay his wages and charge us nothing - unlikely to happen I know 

• 5 months later...

I've heard the administrators have sold our 15% sell-on clause for Delap back to Man City for £250,000 in order to raise funds. I don't know when this happened though.

Apparently City knocked-back a recent £15,000,000 bid from Dortmund. All pie in the sky, but that would have netted us an extra £2,000,000 if it had gone through.

We've not got a pot to pi55 in!

56 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I've heard the administrators have sold our 15% sell-on clause for Delap back to Man City for £250,000 in order to raise funds. I don't know when this happened though.

Apparently City knocked-back a recent £15,000,000 bid from Dortmund. All pie in the sky, but that would have netted us an extra £2,000,000 if it had gone through.

Lovely 

58 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Mmmh. Without wishing to make you more grumpy I really do think that unlikely. I wouldn't be happy to be proved wrong either.

Sell an add-on that would be worthless after liquidation or sell Sibley for 1/2 million now instead. That might be the assessment Quantuma have had to make. 

If true, it's another example of the damage that Mel has done. At least it's not going to pay a Panama-based lender for the sole benefit of the parasite owners and is possibly one of the sources for the funding for February. 

Don't worry, I won't be offering Systematic Oppression FC any thanks or praise for this one.