Liam Delap

Day

Bringing Delap in would be brilliant, his wages would surely fall into the embargo limit - only negative for us is we can't pay a loan fee and loan is 6 months only. But who knows, City might only was an initial 6 month loan anyway plus with us he is more likely to get game time than at most other Champ clubs.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought under embargo we couldn't pay a loan fee?

We can't. Also can only loan for 6 months, however I assume we would be able to loan them again after the initial 6 months. 

37 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Bringing Delap in would be brilliant, his wages would surely fall into the embargo limit - only negative for us is we can't pay a loan fee and loan is 6 months only. But who knows, City might only was an initial 6 month loan anyway plus with us he is more likely to get game time than at most other Champ clubs.

You'd think... but this being Man City, he's probably on 50 grand a week and driving round in a Bentley...?

3 hours ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Ridiculous. Let’s develop a player that left us instead of Stretton. No thanks 

I think the primary objective is putting out a side that avoids relegation. Worry about everything else later. 

He's a far better option than Baldock. Get him in for 6 months and by January hopefully we're in the clear to sign who we want and extend his loan. If not then we go back to the bargain bin for a free but at least we would have had Delap for the first half of the season. 

We possibly have some goodwill with City after the Carson loans, although competing teams will be able to offer and loan fee and we won't. 

Edited by RamsFan10

27 minutes ago, rynny said:

We can't. Also can only loan for 6 months, however I assume we would be able to loan them again after the initial 6 months. 

So how will we loan him if we can't pay a fee, nor 'top up his wages'? (The last bit would be unbelievable but who knows!)?

Not convinced he'll pick us anyway - although I suppose he may fancy learning under one of England's greatest strikers.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how will we loan him if we can't pay a fee, nor 'top up his wages'? (The last bit would be unbelievable but who knows!)?

Not convinced he'll pick us anyway - although I suppose he may fancy learning under one of England's greatest strikers.

It is possible to loan a player and not pay a fee and also not to pay his full wages, the parent club may find it more beneficial to send their player to a team where their player can progress the most than the club that will pay the most money. 

If West Brom are actually keen, he's going there anyway.  More wage, more loan fee .  This does however bring me back to the point I raised when he left.  Any transfer of a young player from a championship,  league 1 etc to a premier league club should have to include 50% of any loan fees should they play elsewhere up to the age of say 23.  It's always likely to get the selling club more than they sold for originally as they always seem to wind up on loan to a championship team inevitably.  Would stop clubs feeling so royally shafted. We might have a million quid incoming now

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Waxing lyrical about your celebrity crush again Macca ? Delap will probably prefer to play under a more experienced Manager ?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

It is possible to loan a player and not pay a fee and also not to pay his full wages, the parent club may find it more beneficial to send their player to a team where their player can progress the most than the club that will pay the most money. 

It is possible.

Am I missing something?

Delap is very highly rated, I know. He was one of our best Academy prospects, I know that too.

But where is the evidence he would ‘tear up the Championship’ at this point in his career?

He’s still only 18 and the majority of his game time has come in under 23s football, which is not always the best indicator, or we would have done everything to keep Morgan Whittaker.

Why are we so confident he would have such a big impact where our other youngsters wouldn’t?

3 hours ago, rynny said:

He didn't leave for free, we got over £1m in compensation, iirc. 

His wages are going to be a youth players wage, also who says we will be paying all of his wages and a loan fee? 

Could you please remember to express monetary amounts in the new currency? 

I think you mean, "a third of an anya..." ?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This does however bring me back to the point I raised when he left.  Any transfer of a young player from a championship,  league 1 etc to a premier league club should have to include 50% of any loan fees should they play elsewhere up to the age of say 23.  It's always likely to get the selling club more than they sold for originally as they always seem to wind up on loan to a championship team

excellent point. im guessing clauses like this would be negotiated as apart of the transfer. quite simple really. i wonder why  this never happens