Liam Delap

Day

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The three promoted clubs will be from the pool of four clubs: Bournemouth, Fulham, West Brom and Sheff Utd. I'd bet heavily on that right now. 

As for relegation, it's much more difficult to predict. I think you know roughly which teams will be down there though - us being one. 

Talking of Bournemouth, just read for the two years to 30th June 2020 they made a loss of £92m. Since then they sold 3 players for £50m but still a loss of £42m. Crazy money!!

Stoke makes sense as his dad is literally a first team coach there. Man City know he's going to be looked after and Stoke should be well equipped to have a decent season. If I was him, I would still be looking to get a move to West Brom. Pereira and Diangana are as good of a supply chain you get at this level. 

The only way we can muscle our way in would be to take a hit on any future money that we may be owed. Man City would no doubt appreciate that more than any upfront payment. 

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ve got my doubts about this Liam. Is he all that?

Yeah I’m the same, I mean we wouldn’t have let him go if he was any good ?

Man city, liverpool and man utd have all benefited from our ability to develop youth by signing/poaching 5 talented players from us before we had a chance to give them a first team game.

I imagine they will be watching all our youth teams for more of the same thing. So why not embrace this? Why not use this for an advantage for our first team?

Is it not possible that we could say to them "if you want to get our young players before any of the other top english clubs thats ok. 5 year first refusal on any of our young players and we get the pick of any loan player for that duration with no wages or fee to be paid"

If they want the next delap or Gordon thats ok and a deal like this might mean they wont miss out. Imagine city might have liked first dibs on Gordon over liverpool for example.

1 minute ago, KBB said:

Man city, liverpool and man utd have all benefited from our ability to develop youth by signing/poaching 5 talented players from us before we had a chance to give them a first team game.

I imagine they will be watching all our youth teams for more of the same thing. So why not embrace this? Why not use this for an advantage for our first team?

Is it not possible that we could say to them "if you want to get our young players before any of the other top english clubs thats ok. 5 year first refusal on any of our young players and we get the pick of any loan player for that duration with no wages or fee to be paid"

If they want the next delap or Gordon thats ok and a deal like this might mean they wont miss out. Imagine city might have liked first dibs on Gordon over liverpool for example.

Because we don’t have a say. They’re all straight tribunals anyway because of their age, so there’s no deal in that way to be done unless it’s pure good faith. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Because we don’t have a say. They’re all straight tribunals anyway because of their age, so there’s no deal in that way to be done unless it’s pure good faith. 

Ah. Do they have to have pro contracts then? Bummer.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Delap, Gordon and others were all done via negotiation to avoid tribunal. 

I'd imagine it suits us because we get the money quicker, but ultimately I believe a tribunal would've probably given us a better deal. I believe that tribunals typically leave large future clauses into all deals, i.e. 20%+ on all future fees. I have no idea what we have in the deal for Delap. 

We received less than £2m for Delap and less than £2m for Gordon. I believe Fulham will get close to double that for Harvey Elliott and also will benefit from the 20% sell on fee. I guess it just depends on a clubs situation at the time, but we could just be as ruthless with the smaller academies as United, City and Liverpool have been with ours. Bogle was an example of how we've benefited from the system. 

28 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Stoke are looking to sign Sam Surridge from Bournemouth for £5.5m which is absolutely insane money for a player who has struggled to establish himself at any level above League Two.

I'd imagine that Liam Delap is still up for grabs. 

Haven't they lost 91 million .  I'll be honest the whole thing is ridiculous.  Spend what you like like the old days.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Stoke signing Surridge at the price surely means he is 1st choice which given the rumour City want Delap to play X amount of games or starts (not sure which one), he is less likely to get that at Stoke now

This is what amazes me, charge the club for the privilege and then make em play every game if available, no mater if they struggle.  

13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Stoke are looking to sign Sam Surridge from Bournemouth for £5.5m which is absolutely insane money for a player who has struggled to establish himself at any level above League Two.

I'd imagine that Liam Delap is still up for grabs. 

I don't understand how they are continuing to spend money willy nilly after posting a loss of £90mill. Why is the EFL not all over them rather than sat on our doorstep all the time.