11 points

kevinhectoring

19 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Im sure our goal difference was much worse than what Sheff Utd are on for though.

It just felt like a tonking each week. ?

After 12 games we were on -21 and they are on -16. Both scored 5 goals. 

However we had 4 more points than they have now. 

Arsenal beat us 6-2 at ours, and 5-0 at theirs.

Liverpool managed a 6-0 at theirs, but were lucky to escape PPS with a 2-1 win!

Other big losses were:

4-0 at Spurs
5-0 at home to Wet Spam
4-1 at OT
4-1 home to bloody Preston!
6-1 at Chelsea
6-0 home to Villa

We finished off with a very comfortable 4-0 defeat at home to Reading... which confirmed their relegation!  LOL!

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Oh how we taunted them during the aftermatch pitch invasion  ?

I don't recall, to be honest.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I quite possibly just trundled off home at the final whistle... beaten, dejected, and oh so relieved it was all finally over!  :-) 

4 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Who remembers the 'lets pretend we've scored a goal' chant.

The Villa game, if I recall?
It was April, we were tired, and had just about given up!  (The fans I mean! LOL).

The most hurtful for me was the 0-5 to Wet Spam.  Up until then (November), only the big boys had given us a tonking.  I think this game proved to anyone who still held out any hope, that we really were the worst of the worst!  ?

After walking out of The Man City Ground (Whatever it was called that year... City of Manchester Stadium?) following our opening day draw v Portsmouth, despite that evenings 1-0 defeat, I really, truly, honestly thought we'd actually do ok!  

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It was April, we were tired, and had just about given up!  (The fans I mean! LOL).

The most hurtful for me was the 0-5 to Wet Spam.  Up until then (November), only the big boys had given us a tonking.  I think this game proved to anyone who still held out any hope, that we really were the worst of the worst!  ?

After walking out of The Man City Ground (Whatever it was called that year... City of Manchester Stadium?) following our opening day draw v Portsmouth, despite that evenings 1-0 defeat, I really, truly, honestly thought we'd actually do ok!  

It’s the hope that kills you! I threw the towel in over Christmas when we could have easily picked up about 8 points.

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh god yes. My twitch has come back! 

Being taken apart by Nigel Reo Coker was a shocker. 

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sheff Utd have played 34.2% of their games now and have 1 point. They are therefore certain to end up on 3 points, both smashing our record and freeing us from the curse that says we can't be promoted until someone does worse. 

I'm afraid they were crapper than this back in 1991.  Suddenly they turned into Real Madrid.

Sheffield United had returned to the top flight after two successive promotions, and it soon appeared that perhaps First Division survival was a bridge too far, with the club going 16 matches without a win at the start of the season, leaving the club bottom of the division on Christmas Day with only 4 points. However, a run of seven straight victories at the turn of the year lifted United from 20th to 12th, 

At least one thing we've avoided doing in the past however long is conceding more than 6 goals in a game, it almost seems commonplace to see 3-4 games a season with one of the bigger teams scoring 7+ now.

6 goals and you're sort of like... yeah OK we're crap, we're awful, that was embarrassing. 7+ goals in one game and it's complete humiliation.

36 minutes ago, Coconut said:

At least one thing we've avoided doing in the past however long is conceding more than 6 goals in a game, it almost seems commonplace to see 3-4 games a season with one of the bigger teams scoring 7+ now.

6 goals and you're sort of like... yeah OK we're crap, we're awful, that was embarrassing. 7+ goals in one game and it's complete humiliation.

That must’ve been what Liverpool thought after playing Villa. 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Like Liverpool against villa. They should sack klopp now. Total embarrassment ?