11 points

kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

We got half a dozen records in that 11 point season in addition to the points one!

Fewest prem wins in a season, most consecutive games without a win (which we can still extend), most pl defeats in a season, fewest goals in a PL season, most goals conceded in PL season, worst goal difference and fewest clean sheets were all set or equalled by us in that season.

Smelliest Turd in East Stand trap 3b

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Come on guys, let's not forget our other outstanding records.

Equal heaviest F A Cup Final loss with Watford.

First English team to get banned from Europe.

Only team to ever let the greatest English manager the game has known walk away.

I'm flat out depressing myself now.

Champions to third division in 9 years? ('75 to '84).

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Come on guys, let's not forget our other outstanding records.

Equal heaviest F A Cup Final loss with Watford.

First English team to get banned from Europe.

Only team to ever let the greatest English manager the game has known walk away.

I'm flat out depressing myself now.

When were we the first English team be banned ?

On 19/12/2020 at 16:57, Van der MoodHoover said:

There's an interesting question....can anyone remember the last team that both scored and conceded 7 in a match in the same season? 

I don't know the answer btw.... Perhaps it's unprecedented! 

We scored 7 against Southend in the league cup... but didn't concede seven

1990-91- We conceded 6 against Chelsea and 7 against Liverpool, but scored 6 against Southampton and Sunderland.

Pretty close. Do I win a signed and lightly soiled Kenny Burns jockstrap as a booby prize.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Some financial irregularity from the UEFA cup........roll on about 50 years

didn't know that,  this forum has used afterall ?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We scored 7 against Southend in the league cup... but didn't concede seven

1990-91- We conceded 6 against Chelsea and 7 against Liverpool, but scored 6 against Southampton and Sunderland.

Pretty close. Do I win a signed and lightly soiled Kenny Burns jockstrap as a booby prize.

Just as soon as its returned from its duties of providing shelter for London's homeless....?

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh it was the early 70s' and it was an accounting issue. I *think* it may have had something to do with a transfer or two - Terry Hennessey rings a bell.

You are probably right but I had it in my mind that it was incorrect reporting of the attendances. So less money going through the books. Whisper that in case the EFL give us a retrospective points deduction.

Get it right lads.

it was irregularities in the books and something to do with payments to Dave Mackay associated with his column in the programme. 

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

You are probably right but I had it in my mind that it was incorrect reporting of the attendances. So less money going through the books. Whisper that in case the EFL give us a retrospective points deduction.

Yes I thought it was attendances as well, but that may have been part of the accounting irregularities. Anyway we still won another trophy on the back of being disqualified and a positive first when we won the Watney Cup, which I believe was the first sponsored football competition. 

Edited by SIXTEEN AGAIN

On 20/12/2020 at 21:22, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Some financial irregularity from the UEFA cup........roll on about 50 years

It was at the end of the 1969/70 season after we’d finished 4th in our first season back in the big league.

The ‘consolation’ of not being in Europe was that we were allowed to enter the Watney Cup, a glorified pre season friendly tournament which was played on a group basis followed by a semi & final 

We became inaugural winners of the tournament by beating Man U (with Charlton, Law, Best etc) 4-1 in the final at the BBG