11 points

kevinhectoring

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

Just shows how god awful we were, even we had 4 more points than Sheffield U at this stage. 

The sheer thought of them not getting more than 11 points is just lunacy. What a joke we were ?

I can’t see them getting enough to beat our tally, I really can’t. 

That team has been playing well  and above their capabilities due to Wilders man management and innovative tactics in that first prem season but they have been well and truly sussed. 

They are relying on the likes of 34 year old David Mcgoldrick at times to rescue them and it ain’t gonna happen in a month of Sunday’s, the majority of their squad are top 6 championship and no higher. The likes of Bogle, Osborn, Burke, Mcgoldrick, Sharp, Mcburnie, Brewster, Lundstram  etc are nowhere near good enough to keep them in the Prem 

They are dead men walking and are as bad as our 11 point season

They now can’t even rally the call for big Sam to save them as he’s gone to West Brom

I fully expect them to go down with single figures, they’re that bad

Edited by Derbados

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

That team has been playing well  and above their capabilities due to Wilders man management and innovative tactics in that first prem season but they have been well and truly sussed. 

They are relying on the likes of 34 year old David Mcgoldrick at times to rescue them and it ain’t gonna happen in a month of Sunday’s, the majority of their squad are top 6 championship and no higher. The likes of Bogle, Osborn, Burke, Mcgoldrick, Sharp, Mcburnie, Brewster, Lundstram  etc are nowhere near good enough to keep them in the Prem 

They now can’t even rally the call for big Sam to save them as he’s gone to West Brom

giphy-6-3.gif

Sheff U are somewhat unfortunate like we were somewhat unfortunate, but also similarly they are terrible like we were terrible.

Essentially my point would be that it’s a very strong premier league this year and they are under prepared in comparison to everyone else. Similarly if that Derby side had been promoted in another season then they would probably still be relegated but not by the lowest points total. So it’s not just them being terrible, it’s the quality of the opposition and there’s been other relegated sides that have been fortunate to be in much poorer prem leagues. They, like us, aren’t able to get away with it and scrape a few results together.

We were atrocious though, probably more deserving of the the tag!

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Just shows how god awful we were, even we had 4 more points than Sheffield U at this stage. 

The sheer thought of them not getting more than 11 points is just lunacy. What a joke we were ?

Think you'll find that we had played significantly more games than Sheffield United have at this juncture in time so using the same date in the football calendar as an appropriate yardstick is a somewhat invalid comparison.

That season we got promoted including the playoff final was strange in that we grinded out a large number of 1-0 wins without really dominating a lot of games. Knowing our luck, Sheffield will need to win last game to overtake 11 points and do it 1-0!

12 hours ago, Derbados said:

But surely they'll buy some good players in January? All Derby did in the 07/08 January transfer window was sell there best two players and spend terribly.

Even if Sheffield United got less than 11 points, and I think they’ll get more, all we’d get from any detractors would be, well, the PL is a more difficult league than when you got 11 points. It’s a stick we’ll be beaten with for the foreseeable as far as I’m concerned. 

13 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

I think they are more likely to stay up than beat our record.

don't think they have a chance of staying up.   But they only need two wins and a few scrappy draws to get to 12. So yes, only a slim chance of them taking the record off us  

Edited by kevinhectoring