11 points

kevinhectoring

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Late April.

Well that’s what the maths says. But if they’re doomed to relegation by 1/2021 - possible- their bigger players all have their agents in their ears talking about next season at another club. Then it can really fall apart.  
But I agree, still odds on that we keep the record  ? 

Sheff Utd aren't losing by many. I think they will go down but will turn narrow defeats into draws and wins to finish in 20 or so points.

We must have been on minus 450 gd by now we were getting tonked every week. 

They’ve got brighton and Burnley in their next 3 I think. If they come out of them with still only one point. You can see them probably still just beating our 11 but can’t see them getting past Huddersfield’s 14. Every year now there are more and more teams struggling to get 20 points. I do think it’s only a matter of time before the 11 points is eventually broken. 

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

They’ve got brighton and Burnley in their next 3 I think. If they come out of them with still only one point. You can see them probably still just beating our 11 but can’t see them getting past Huddersfield’s 14. Every year now there are more and more teams struggling to get 20 points. I do think it’s only a matter of time before the 11 points is eventually broken. 

At one point it seemed impossible. Especially as we had a uniquely crap set of circumstances and luck. But recently there’s been some clubs that have been really poor recently. Huddersfield, Villa, and now Sheffield United. You do get that sense that there’s some sort of pattern here  that something about the make up of the league or the finances inevitably means that one or two clubs get cut adrift each season, and it’s only a matter of time for a reverse Leicester situation to happen, and for one club to be cut adrift with the added bonus of some shitty luck and they’ll beat our score. 

46 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

At one point it seemed impossible. Especially as we had a uniquely crap set of circumstances and luck. But recently there’s been some clubs that have been really poor recently. Huddersfield, Villa, and now Sheffield United. You do get that sense that there’s some sort of pattern here  that something about the make up of the league or the finances inevitably means that one or two clubs get cut adrift each season, and it’s only a matter of time for a reverse Leicester situation to happen, and for one club to be cut adrift with the added bonus of some shitty luck and they’ll beat our score. 

The bad thing for Sheff u is they have already played Fulham, leeds and West Brom - 1 point from the promoted teams is not a good sign. Brighton and Burnley are the two remaining struggling sides they have to play and they play them soon. Saying that they have Man U at home next and would not be surprised if they win that. 

On 13/12/2020 at 22:00, TigerTedd said:

This year maybe not, we’ll see.  But the record will surely be broken in years to come. Hope it’s not because of a points deduction tho   

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This year maybe not, we’ll see.  But the record will surely be broken in years to come. Hope it’s not because of a points deduction tho   

Most consecutive league games without a win: 36, joint record:

Derby County 

Macclesfield Town 

This is the one that gets me.  Thought no-one would come near it. Then along come Macclesfield 2-1 down to Carlisle in the last minute or two. They equalise and then win it in injury time to avoid the record outright.  Thoroughly peed off that day. 

On 13/12/2020 at 19:56, Sith Happens said:

Sheff Utd aren't losing by many. I think they will go down but will turn narrow defeats into draws and wins to finish in 20 or so points.

I posted a breakdown of our defeats a few pages back, perhaps not as many tonkings as people think.

Won 1

Drew 8

Lost 13 matches by the odd goal

Lost 6 matches by 2 goals

Lost 10 matches by over 2 goals

There you go 28 out of the 38 matches the result was a 2-0 loss or better.

Edited by G STAR RAM

4 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

We've got to get promoted again first though.

You jest (I hope), but we do have a realistic chance of extending our record for winless streak in the top division. That’s something to look forward to. 

Edited by TigerTedd

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I posted a breakdown of our defeats a few pages back, perhaps not as many tonkings as people think.

Won 1

Drew 8

Lost 13 matches by the odd goal

Lost 6 matches by 2 goals

Lost 10 matches by over 2 goals

There you go 28 out of the 38 matches the result was a 2-0 loss or better.

Im sure our goal difference was much worse than what Sheff Utd are on for though.

It just felt like a tonking each week. ?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Might be wrong but think we shipped 6 against Arsenal home and away, Chelsea away, Liverpool away, Villa at home and West Ham at home.

I think west ham was 5, arsenal was 6-2 I think. 

On 13/12/2020 at 19:56, Sith Happens said:

Huddersfield managed to take at least one of our records from us a couple of years back, so they don't necessarily need to beat the 11 points one. We are slowly losing our records from that season and we don't even get a chance to set new ones ? (in that league at least)