11 points

kevinhectoring

Still think that points aside, they look streets ahead of us during that season. They're losing by the odd goal, we were getting turned over every week. That side would lose about 6-0 to this Sheffield United side. There's not a player in that squad I'd keep over any of the blades.

33 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

thought the Blades looked better today but as the reality of certain relegation sets in surely they will lose what's left of their mojo. And they won't invest ahead of relegation, will they?   They need to change manager for some bounce

My fear is the opposite.

They will get to a point where the gap is so large, they lose their nerves and suddenly think duck it, let’s have a go. Sure there will be games they get turned over if they’re not up for it but once reality of their position sets in, they might just think duck it and play better without the pressure.

10 more points wouldn’t be a big ask with say 10 games left, assuming they don’t pick the odd one up along the way. Let’s face it we’ve got a long way to go before they get near challenging that dire achievement.

I’ll start believing if they are 6 off with maybe 5 or 6 games to play.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

They will get to a point where the gap is so large, they lose their nerves

but they're not playing like a side that has nerves. They just never quite look good enough    I think Wilder is currently getting good commitment from almost all of them. But if they continue to fail that will change 

47 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Still think that points aside, they look streets ahead of us during that season. They're losing by the odd goal, we were getting turned over every week. That side would lose about 6-0 to this Sheffield United side. There's not a player in that squad I'd keep over any of the blades.

Why do people keep repeating this when it's already been shown on here that wasn't the case? Sure we lost a few games 6-0, but we also lost a lot of games by a singular goal too. 

51 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Meh, if there was a one goal swing every game in our favour from that season then we’d have reached 40 points. 

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

but they're not playing like a side that has nerves. They just never quite look good enough    I think Wilder is currently getting good commitment from almost all of them. But if they continue to fail that will change 

Sure, my Blades mate believes they over achieved with a championship pressing team last year and they have now been found out, with little threat up front being their chief problem.

He thinks Wilder is safe having took them from Div 1 to the Prem. Hard to know from the outside. Hope you’re right but I’m refusing to get my hopes up on our record until Easter and there are a few games left. ?

As much as I would love to lose the tag of worst team in history, that side and those managers deserved it. We were utterly abject that season and got the tally we deserved.

I don't think the same can be levelled at Wilder the current Sheffield United side under these circumstances. They aren't worse than we were and I think it would be harsh if they finished on less than we did.

What will be, will be I guess but even at this point, I would still back them to get 2 wins and 4 draws to get to the magic 12 points.