11 points

kevinhectoring

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

So you was banned? ??‍♂️ 

No ,exceptional circumstances 6 points were due to expire 3 days after I gained  an additional 3 points. Magistrate took a lenient view  and received a substantial fine.

Most of my points were From one incident. Purchased a car with no mot, a dodgy tyre and no tax ,only had it 2 days and dispite not being used got done for it being parked outside house on a public highway.

4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

No ,exceptional circumstances 6 points were due to expire 3 days after I gained  an additional 3 points. Magistrate took a lenient view  and received a substantial fine.

Most of my points were From one incident. Purchased a car with no mot, a dodgy tyre and no tax ,only had it 2 days and dispite not being used got done for it being parked outside house on a public highway.

They really can be Bamfords and Gibsons. 

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

They really can be Bamfords and Gibsons. 

The law is the law , but a little peed off as it was a car for my son who had just passed his test,was going to have it road worthy within the week, couldn't let my son take the Rapp as he had only just passed his test so took the hit. Didn't help that I suggested the lady constable would be better serving the public catching criminals and she should consider a career more suited to her  social skills and aptitude. May have mentioned a career with sky customer services at the time?,anyhow obviously no sense of humour and got the book threw at me. Ironically i owned a fleet of 7 other vehicles at the time All perfectly legit road worthy and legal and dispite explaining the circumstance for shafted.

Our tally was so bad, you'd have to get to 30 games with almost zero points on the board before I'd sit up and take notice it is a possibility. As has been said, they are showing evidence of competing, we never did, they'll get some results. Few fans in Bramall Lane will help them on too.

When I saw the title of this thread, and the large majority on here who are reckoning we will revert to our losing streak I thought it was on about having got to 11 points after 16 rather than 38 games as when we were last relegated.

I am underwhelmed by the optimism of our absent crowd who won the only trophy in 2008 as the POTY.

Supporters this season are more likely to win the one that guzunder the bed!

Let's make sure the Rams know we're right behind them!

COYR!

PS if the Blades want to usurp our record let's let 'em!

23 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They are losing by the odd goal. That's got to change from time to time because they are at least competing.

We were getting tonked week in week out.

That season:-

Won 1

Drew 8

Lost 13 matches by the odd goal

Lost 6 matches by 2 goals

Lost 10 matches by over 2 goals

We were rubbish but to suggest we were getting tonked every week is not right. 

From the draws/odd goal defeats I would say there were 7 or 8 matches where we did not get what we deserved.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That season:-

Won 1

Drew 8

Lost 13 matches by the odd goal

Lost 6 matches by 2 goals

Lost 10 matches by over 2 goals

We were rubbish but to suggest we were getting tonked every week is not right. 

From the draws/odd goal defeats I would say there were 7 or 8 matches where we did not get what we deserved.

It was exaggeration as a rhetorical device. It's called hyperbole.

20 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

When I saw the title of this thread, and the large majority on here who are reckoning we will revert to our losing streak I thought it was on about having got to 11 points after 16 rather than 38 games as when we were last relegated.

I am underwhelmed by the optimism of our absent crowd who won the only trophy in 2008 as the POTY.

Supporters this season are more likely to win the one that guzunder the bed!

Let's make sure the Rams know we're right behind them!

COYR!

PS if the Blades want to usurp our record let's let 'em!

No, let's keep the record. A reminder that no matter how badly things seem to be going, it could be worse.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Maddest statistic of that season was we scored the first goal in the Prem on the opening day v Pompey.

Think it was Matt Oakley in the 5th minute?

Sol Campbell reckoned Derby were a great team and that they would give teams loads of trouble that season.

Heard some mention he might be worth a shot as manager?

48 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Rhian Brewster - £23m

Aaron Ramsdale - £18m

The going rate for young English / British players with big potential a as a top 10 Premier League club unfortunately, thanks to the likes of Chelsea & (especially) Manchester City obliterating spending records & pushing the prices up for everyone else in the process.

If we'd have gone up under Lampard we'd probably have spent a good £30m on Tomori & Wilson, without batting an eyelid.

Edited by Coconut

On 08/12/2020 at 13:15, Wolfie20 said:

Ramsdale looks to have been a poor buy - I wonder how much more they would have had to pay to sign Henderson on a permanent deal.

My friend, a Blades fan, reckons it's the injured centre half, Jack O'Connell, that's the main problem.

That's also meaning Ramsdale is having more to do than Henderson - their save percentages are quite close.

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'd be disappointed if we lose the record. Arguably my favourite season supporting Derby for a multitude of reasons and 11 points is like a badge of honour to me. I was there - 36 games out of 38 and all (albeit very few) cup games! 

you deserve a badge of honour for supporting the club through thick and thin, no doubt about that. But it's your badge of honour as a supporter, not the club's.  You keep your badge of honour if the record is broken.