11 points

kevinhectoring

They seem to have that same self-destructive tendency that we had in 2007/08.

Assuming that Allardyce shores up the WBA defence, I don't think there's an easily winnable game in this league for Sheff U. If they still haven't got a win after they host Newcastle on 12 January, I'm going to start believing that they'll break our record.

Well now they’ve doubled their points total this is obviously a topic that’s hotting up.  Most believing they’ll comfortably beat our 11, not chased up the odds as I’m not much of a betting man but hoping someone cleverer than me can let us know 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Come on guys, let's not forget our other outstanding records.

Equal heaviest F A Cup Final loss with Watford.

First English team to get banned from Europe.

Only team to ever let the greatest English manager the game has known walk away.

I'm flat out depressing myself now.

We got half a dozen records in that 11 point season in addition to the points one!

Fewest prem wins in a season, most consecutive games without a win (which we can still extend), most pl defeats in a season, fewest goals in a PL season, most goals conceded in PL season, worst goal difference and fewest clean sheets were all set or equalled by us in that season.

13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We got half a dozen records in that 11 point season in addition to the points one!

Fewest prem wins in a season, most consecutive games without a win (which we can still extend), most pl defeats in a season, fewest goals in a PL season, most goals conceded in PL season, worst goal difference and fewest clean sheets were all set or equalled by us in that season.

That ones shared with Macclesfield now . How they didn't break it being 2-1 with 3 minutes injury time left i'm not sure.

I thought most conceded was Swindon.

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That ones shared with Macclesfield now . How they didn't break it being 2-1 with 3 minutes injury time left i'm not sure.

I thought most conceded was Swindon.

These are Premier League records - we can still extend the winless run because we havent been in the prem since. Wasn't aware the most games without a win was a record for the EFL as well though.

Swindons record is for a 42 match season. Ours is for a 38 match season. You could argue we wouldnt have conceded 11+ more goals if we had another 4 games, but we did concede 15 in our last 4 games of the season, so we probably could.

A few of these are shared though as i said in my original post.

Edited by GenBr

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

These are Premier League records - we can still extend the winless run because we havent been in the prem since. Wasn't aware the most games without a win was a record for the EFL as well though.

Swindons record is for a 42 match season. Ours is for a 38 match season. You could argue we wouldnt have conceded 11+ more goals if we had another 4 games, but we did concede 15 in our last 4 games of the season, so we probably could.

A few of these are shared though as i said in my original post.

If we can get away with the Swindon way they can keep it .  Lots of little records - Sunderland hold a pile of them - so few count in the big scheme to be honest.  Our old boy took a big fat turd on us losing one of the worst ones today unfortunately.

Yes afraid we hold-jointly - the overall record for most league games without a win .  To be honest we shouldn't as we had games against Doncaster and Barnsley and another to avoid it and with the squad we had it was appalling we didn't. Was more peed off with that than the 11 points.