11 points

kevinhectoring

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

The Blades on course to smash our record. I'm beginning to look for their result before anyone else in the PL. What are the chances?

Very low. Their players aren't noticeably worse than other teams in the bottom 6 (like ours were) but more importantly, they dont have the same off-field nonsense we had to contend with.

They also strike me as a team that fed off their raucuous home crowd & hence are missing that lift. Be surprised if there arent fans back at Bramall Lane before too long. They're competitive currently but need a break, once it happens they'll string a few decent results together.

They play everyone close, so it’s probably unlikely they’ll beat our record unless this slump goes so bad everyone gives in - which I can’t see under Wilder. 

It’s hardly surprising when teams have had times to find answer to Wilder’s unique overlapping centre backs system and they’ve added nothing other than championship calibre players. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sheff United will sack Wilder and whoever comes in, assuming it would be Big Sam, will soon get a couple of results. 

I cant see our record being taken.

I’m not so sure they will sack him. Even if they got relegated, is there a better managed to take them back up than him? He’s a fan of the club and when you actually look at their team, he’s performing miracles! 

Every year we ask “can someone beat it”? And every year, the answer is no. Sheffield United are extremely poor, and look on track to challenge it. But they won’t beat it. They just won’t. They’ll go down, but they’ll go down with some degree of dignity. No one will ever be as bad as us.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They are losing by the odd goal. That's got to change from time to time because they are at least competing.

We were getting tonked week in week out.

Not quite true. Could easily have got another two points at Newcastle but for a Moore error.Both Bolton games too, Both Fulham games, Pompey at home, both Chelsea (disallowed goal) and Liverpool (foul on Mears) at home could’ve been very different. There were obviously major tonkings, but all in all, there were ten games we weren’t bad, Man City away too. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not quite true. Could easily have got another two points at Newcastle but for a Moore error.Both Bolton games too, Both Fulham games, Pompey at home, both Chelsea (disallowed goal) and Liverpool (foul on Mears) at home could’ve been very different. There were obviously major tonkings, but all in all, there were ten games we weren’t bad, Man City away too. 

West Ham away as well. Savage missed a sitter to put us 2-1 up they went up the other end and scored with their only attack of the 2nd half. 

Edited by rynny

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

We were rubbish and got battered in some games but there were others where we had no luck at all. 

We had a combination of things. Barnes injured, going up with better players we started the season with, unlucky in some games. Might be an unpopular opinion but looking back i think if we stuck with billy we'd have got more points. We'd have still finished bottom just maybe more points 

25 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but looking back i think if we stuck with billy we'd have got more points. We'd have still finished bottom just maybe more points 

I agree, it seemed we'd just turned a bit of a corner (Chelski game?) and then we sacked him. Was Mel about?! ? 

Edited by RoyMac5

22 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

They will get more than 11... 

I still maintain we deserved more than 11 though, there were 3 or 4 games over Christmas where we were robbed of a few points which would have easily seen us better than Sunderland’s points total.

Sheff Utd on one point after 12 games have a great chance of getting less than 11 Prem points. Excellent proper fans' Club nonetheless.