EFL appeal

Sith Happens

59 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I think the EFL are being very clever over this. They've realised the biggest punishment they can impose on us is uncertainty and to delay our planning for next season. Without needing a judicial review or any approval they are impacting directly our chances for next season, and it doesn't cost them a penny, all they have to do is stall and delay.

Couldn’t a good lawyer hit them with a Restraint of Trade charge or something ? Obviously I’m no expert on these matters but I have heard of Restraint of Trade and isn’t that what they are effectively preventing us from doing ? 

So it's now been nearly 3 weeks since the EFL 'won' their own appeal. Is it really that unreasonable to believe that they ought to have agreed amongst their grubby selves what sanction ought to be applied, because the never-ending delays simply appear to be a fairly crude mechanism to keep us under embargo, thereby disrupting yet another critical window.

Some on here have scoffed at the notion that there is a vendetta in play resulting from MM adopting the role of agitator with his communication to all EFL member clubs regarding the short-selling of TV rights. Frankly, I scoff at the notion that no such vendetta exists. Eight months to conduct an appeal into a single aspect of our amortisation policy and yet having 'won', they need more time to assess a fair and proper punishment? Really? Government inquiries are conducted quicker FFS! Really is high time for this bunch of feckless charlatans to poo or get off the fricking pot.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Couldn’t a good lawyer hit them with a Restraint of Trade charge or something ? Obviously I’m no expert on these matters but I have heard of Restraint of Trade and isn’t that what they are effectively preventing us from doing ? 

EFL EXCUSE: Something, something, Covid, something, couldn't meet under lockdown, oooh, ever so complex, err, downloaded Zoom but we don't understand how it works and our IT guys are furloughed. 

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So it's now been nearly 3 weeks since the EFL 'won' their own appeal. Is it really that unreasonable to believe that they ought to have agreed amongst their grubby selves what sanction ought to be applied, because the never-ending delays simply appear to be a fairly crude mechanism to keep us under embargo, thereby disrupting yet another critical window.

Some on here have scoffed at the notion that there is a vendetta in play resulting from MM adopting the role of agitator with his communication to all EFL member clubs regarding the short-selling of TV rights. Frankly, I scoff at the notion that no such vendetta exists. Eight months to conduct an appeal into a single aspect of our amortisation policy and yet having 'won', they need more time to assess a fair and proper punishment? Really? Government inquiries are conducted quicker FFS! Really is high time for this bunch of feckless charlatans to poo or get off the fricking pot.

Yup, agree with that. Problem is that we have been found guilty so I guess it's going to be hard to argue the level of material damage caused by any delay. If we'd been waiting for the appeal, and then won it, you could make a stronger case. But it's clear what's going on, they are roasting Mel slowly over an open fire for daring to challenge their way of doing things. You can have a view whether or not Mel was right to go down this path but it's clear that for the EFL revenge is proving sweet. Which, too many peoples point, is kind of ironic when your consider they are supposed to be here for the clubs.

26 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Whilst I agree about the vendetta, the delay is down to the DC not the EFL, Sky's report stated the DC wont be looking at the case for another 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Yup, agree with that. Problem is that we have been found guilty so I guess it's going to be hard to argue the level of material damage caused by any delay. If we'd been waiting for the appeal, and then won it, you could make a stronger case. But it's clear what's going on, they are roasting Mel slowly over an open fire for daring to challenge their way of doing things. You can have a view whether or not Mel was right to go down this path but it's clear that for the EFL revenge is proving sweet. Which, too many peoples point, is kind of ironic when your consider they are supposed to be here for the clubs.

I don't think many are interested in material damages. To my way of thinking, it's a dual-carriage cul-de-sac. Certainly the club have made it clear they've no interest in pursuing this any further, but the EFL 'playbook' will now result in a protracted delay in announcing sanctions, followed by a punishment so outlandish that we will be forced to appeal it and on and on goes the circus unto 'the last syllable of recorded time'.

Their game plan has been clear from the outset, least to my way of thinking. We were always going to be punished for having the temerity to question their stewardship, irrespective of whether we were guilty of any wrongdoing, or not. The irony is that the light has only shone on our apparent 'crimes' against football, whilst the criminal underselling of TV rights has never been mentioned again, least not in the public domain.

If the EFL worked as hard at securing a fair slice of the cake as they do at destroying member clubs they are meant to represent, all of this would be moot. The irony of this is nothing short of astounding.

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Let’s opt out of the EFL and join the SPL or SFL. Assuming their admin rules and processes are more straightforward and reasonable.

New teams to play and lose to, new grounds (sheds) to visit. What’s not to like

Scotland?

*only kidding - lovely place, lovely people, great single malt

11 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Let’s opt out of the EFL and join the SPL or SFL. Assuming their admin rules and processes are more straightforward and reasonable.

I think the general consensus view of Scottish football clubs and fans is that they would actively welcome an organisation of the competence and integrity of the EFL.

3 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

And not one of them knows what they're talking about either, reading that. 

Can someone on here join up and bullet point to them why they're wrong?

Ta

I have been down to Bristol to meet Papadopoulos, and I still have no idea what his grouch is as his reply was all Greek to me.

We did enjoy a little dance on Avonmouth beach though.

greek GIF

16 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Great documentary on Derry City in iPlayer for those who are interested. They did the same thing, due to slightly more pressing issues, and joined the FAI. Very good watch, including some 1980s moustaches that would give Ross McLaren and Kevin Wilson a run for their money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000vcdr

39 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Mel's rubbed the EFL up the wrong way since day one. They can't stand him and other clubs don't like (or simply don't have the balls to try) some of his operating methods. It's only when we have new owners that we will be treated fairly by these goons, but I imagine for bitter people like Gibson the vendetta will run on and on and on.

I admire Mel for raising the debate on TV rights and other issues that clearly penalise clubs our size. In the end, the EFL is a collective so you go with the majority while you a still a member firm. Raising issues, looking at disruptive methodology and modernising operations should all be good discussion points in an organisation looking to see how it can change for the betterment of its members, but the EFL's attitude appears archaic and anti-change. At a time of great risk for all EFL clubs, it should be bending over backwards to help its members, but with cases like Bury, Wigan, Derby, Macclesfield to name but a few, it appears to be doing completely the opposite. 

18 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Mel's rubbed the EFL up the wrong way since day one. They can't stand him and other clubs don't like (or simply don't have the balls to try) some of his operating methods. It's only when we have new owners that we will be treated fairly by these goons, but I imagine for bitter people like Gibson the vendetta will run on and on and on.

I admire Mel for raising the debate on TV rights and other issues that clearly penalise clubs our size. In the end, the EFL is a collective so you go with the majority while you a still a member firm. Raising issues, looking at disruptive methodology and modernising operations should all be good discussion points in an organisation looking to see how it can change for the betterment of its members, but the EFL's attitude appears archaic and anti-change. At a time of great risk for all EFL clubs, it should be bending over backwards to help its members, but with cases like Bury, Wigan, Derby, Macclesfield to name but a few, it appears to be doing completely the opposite. 

Nailed it ?

33 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have been down to Bristol to meet Papadopoulos, and I still have no idea what his grouch is as his reply was all Greek to me.

We did enjoy a little dance on Avonmouth beach though.

greek GIF

Looks like you've lost a few pounds i-Ram. Positively light on your feet. And isn't that a lovely suit that the Greek chap is wearing.... ?

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think it is plain to see there is a vendetta, absolutely.

We have been and continue to be punished. Transfer windows have been decimated, takeovers have either fallen through or stalled as a result.

If we end up with a fine Derby fans will hail that as a success, but just what damage has been caused by 2 years of charges by the EFL, which were laughed out of court at the first attempt.

The fact that rumour suggests if a new owner takes over any punishment would be less severe is surely proof that all of this is just a battle of egos and narcissists and it is a case of Rick Parry gunning for Mel Morris and it is us fans who are the casualties.

59 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The fact that rumour suggests if a new owner takes over any punishment would be less severe is surely proof that all of this is just a battle of egos and narcissists and it is a case of Rick Parry gunning for Mel Morris and it is us fans who are the casualties.

Rumours are surely proof?

Confused Gary Coleman GIF