George Thorne

Gladram

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, offthepost said:

George Thorne has been confirmed as leaving us (Oxford - Don't know why it took so long to announce considering his contract wasn't extended over the playoff period)

Thanks for the info. Injury did for him. His midfield performance against QPR in the playoff final was simply superb. Feel very sorry for George.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thanks for the info. Injury did for him. His midfield performance against QPR in the playoff final was simply superb. Feel very sorry for George.

There were two opinions on him in Oxford's research into him last summer: a medical one, and a coaching one. There were concerns expressed by extremely qualified people that his body has simply broken down, and that years of being constantly injured and a lack of activity and general fitness had taken a toll. Unfortunately what we indeed saw was a man who kept picking up different injuries, and who couldn’t train hard enough over a three month break to get anywhere near fitness.

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Sorry for the thread bump but after discussing old gorgeous George with a friend we wondered what he was up to these days.

Anyone ITK? He doesn’t seem to be playing anywhere if note from what I can tell.

Trying to make a name for himself as an eGamer as far as I can tell. I guess must have had lots of free time to play Xbox recently.

Edited by therealhantsram

It makes me incredibly sad that he has no club currently.

For a player with his potential to not be playing football is awful.

14 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Trying to make a name for himself as an eGamer as far as I can tell. I guess must have had lots of free time to play Xbox recently.

It would make sense I suppose. His brother used to be in the Yogscast and is still a successful streamer on Twitch, so he has someone to help him.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jono said:

That looks like a rehash of old news ? I do t do Twitter o maybe I don’t get it but there’s nothing about retirement that I can see. It all seems to relate to the Oxford move ?

it links to an instragram video which he's titled about moving onto the next chapter (of his life... without football)