Live football thread.

Rev

It just frustrates the duck out of me. It really doesn’t have to be this much of a total cluster duck.

technology can be a fantastic addition to the game, and just stop silly mistakes, without ruining the experience. If it’s done right.

There’s been some really sensible suggestions around, my offside tags are one, but also, having a certain amount of appeals per half, or per game, like in tennis, is another. So when everyone on the pitch and in the stands is screaming for a handball that the ref didn’t see, then the captain can use an appeal, and then it can be referred to var. it works brilliantly in other sports, it even adds another element of using your appeals wisely, like substitutions, not wasting them all crying wolf, and having none left when something really obviously wrong happens. Got no one to blame but yourself then. 

if no one complains about it, then var should be keeping their oar out. 

basically, it comes down to that ‘clear and obvious’ thing. VAR is meant to stop the henri or Maradona handball goals, or ghost goals, and all those things that are famously obvious in a replay, but were missed in real time. Those things don’t happen every match, they happen a few times a season. So var being a talking point after every match, by definition means it’s lost the point, lost plot, and I’m loosing the will to live.  

Souness has to rip into Spurs. They are a threat now.

Personally I applaud their adaptability. Spurs have shown so many different sides to their game. It’s the sign of a great team.

And anyone who watched them score six at Old Trafford or three in less than twenty minutes at home to West Ham knows they can be very good to watch. Direct, fast, incisive, clinical.

For me, I enjoy watching them, especially with Harry Kane in full flow. He has been the best player in the league so far this season.

I love the way he drops deep and delivers a decisive pass that would take other teams 10-15 passes to build up to, for example.

The trouble is nowadays pundits would have you believe that anything other than high pressing, possession football is an affront to football lovers everywhere.

I always thought Mourinho would do a good job at Spurs. But no-one expected this!

I have to admit to being a bit of a Mourinho convert now he's at Spurs. His "us against the world" mentality never sat well with me because he's almost always been at huge clubs with the biggest budget in the league. It's much easier to accept now he's at Spurs who, whilst a massive club in their own right, shouldn't have the resources to compete with the Manchester clubs or Liverpool. I also love that he's been ripping into whinging crybaby Guardiola. Hopefully he goes after Klopp next. He's another one who needs taking down a peg or 200.

Son is just incredible. Him and Kane are lethal.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I have to admit to being a bit of a Mourinho convert now he's at Spurs. His "us against the world" mentality never sat well with me because he's almost always been at huge clubs with the biggest budget in the league. It's much easier to accept now he's at Spurs who, whilst a massive club in their own right, shouldn't have the resources to compete with the Manchester clubs or Liverpool. I also love that he's been ripping into whinging crybaby Guardiola. Hopefully he goes after Klopp next. He's another one who needs taking down a peg or 200.

Son is just incredible. Him and Kane are lethal.

In the words of Kevin Keegan , i would just love it if Jose went after Klopp , your right he does need bringing down a few

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Watching Huddersfield vs Sheffield Wed on the red button. Huddersfield looking very good.

Certainly a better choice than Millwall versus QPR - dreadful game so far - so bad I’ve switched to Man Utd getting beaten at Leipzig