Live football thread.

Rev

12 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Was a lucky blooming draw was what it was. We either played pub teams (panama, Tunisia), scraped past ok teams missing their best player (colombia) or got beaten by any decent team we came up against. 

I didn’t view it as a tournament in which we performed well.

Enjoyable all the same. Reaching the semi final however we do it was good enough for me. It was worth it for the drama v Columbia!

On 18/11/2020 at 15:39, Van der MoodHoover said:

Was a lucky blooming draw was what it was. We either played pub teams (panama, Tunisia), scraped past ok teams missing their best player (colombia) or got beaten by any decent team we came up against. 

I didn’t view it as a tournament in which we performed well.

Or you could view It as, we smashed all the teams we were supposed to beat, got to a much later stage than anyone would have predicted before the tournament and only came unstuck for 1 half against the best Croatian team in decades...?

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Watching the Newcastle v Chelsea game.....is this what “top class” football has become...? One team having the ball all the game passing It sideways as the other team just stand there... so so boring. 

I could only stick it til half-time. Dreadful from Bruce to set his side up in such a cowardly way - looked terrified of Chelsea (who were sloppy or else could have scored a lot more)....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

I could only stick it til half-time. Dreadful from Bruce to set his side up in such a cowardly way - looked terrified of Chelsea (who were sloppy or else could have scored a lot more)....

Me too.... It was such a boring game. I went and emptied the bin and took out the recycling instead, much more entertaining 

On 20/11/2020 at 22:03, neil62uk said:

Coventry  0 Birmingham  0 

Can't wait until it comes out on blue -Ray 

A game to show their grandchildren  and be extremely  proud off 

Hope the blu-ray has 'extra' content. Maybe interviews on how the empty seats played their part or how the crowd noise bloke presses the buttons.