Live football thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think Belgium cheated more tonight fouling players going through with last ditch fouls on the edge of the box avoiding penalties 

Alderweireld and Meunier could easily have both had 2 bookings tonight. Meunier almost certainly.

Missed Sterling and Rashford and yes Maguire.

Going forward we need to find some more creative to play alongside Rice or Henderson or Winks. Mount would be ok if chasing the game but wouldn't hack it defensively against top teams.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

All players dive. 

If you don't like him, you can just say so. You don't need to try to justify it with ********.

I have no problem with him as a person, but I don't like cheats. Didn't like Ravenelli, hated it when Chris Martin cheated and can't stand to watch a talented player like Grealish go down so easy when he doesn't need to. I'd love to have a player with his talent at Derby, but would still moan if he dived rather than use his gift to play the game as it should be played.

39 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I have no problem with him as a person, but I don't like cheats. Didn't like Ravenelli, hated it when Chris Martin cheated and can't stand to watch a talented player like Grealish go down so easy when he doesn't need to. I'd love to have a player with his talent at Derby, but would still moan if he dived rather than use his gift to play the game as it should be played.

You must have really hated Franny Lee

7 hours ago, ossieram said:

I was only 10/ 11 when Franny played and was too young to realise what a diving git he was, but the scrap with Hunter makes me forgive him.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Franny perfected the art of going down on contact but the brutality of the era was set against skilful players . Defenders knew they could chop down any forward with very little punishment.

True. An era when freekicks and bookings weren't given lightly.

As a nation, we have another fantastic group of players to select from. We just need the right coach and we will compete at the very top. We were unlucky last night but we need to set up better. We moved away from a formation that suited us to one that does not. 

Southgate, another nice guy, FA man, blah blah blah. Unleash the Lions.