Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

19 minutes ago, jono said:

In a weird way the thing that made me happiest was seeing Cash back on form. He made a huge difference in the second half .. bashing his way through the press and timing his tackles as we all know he can do but hadn’t been.

Kenzo is a delight, touch, pass, look for the return, switch it, shoot. Brilliant performance. Elder lacks pace/acceleration but makes up for it with nous and good positioning. He had an excellent game. 

It’s rare that I don’t have an angle to spout forth but everyone else has covered it .. Such an enjoyable game, Goals, good football and a group of men who are all on the same team .. which with patience is going to improve. 

This guys is why you need patience. I note the antis are absent tonight but just in case they are lurking. 

We won’t finish last, we won’t be relegated, we weren’t lucky and large helping of “Warne Ball” was consumed with relish by 29,000 supporters. 

The performance showed some evolution of our tactics in that we had more variety than just putting the ball out to the wings for crosses to fly across the box towards nobody in particular.

If that's what you mean by "Warne ball" then there wasn't any consuming as we didn't play that way.

In fact we even had little spells of possession, so definitely not as chaotic as some recent performances 

8 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Next game 

JWZ

Nelson Phillips Cashin 

Ward Ozoh Adams Kenzo 

Harness

Yates Jackson 

Kenzo LWB? Not sure Warne will make any changes to the starting 11 unless they're enforced

2 hours ago, RamInSweden said:

Ozoh absolutely dominated today. That allowed Adams and Goudmijn to do what they do best. Yates fantastic too. Unlucky not to score.

Ozoh plays like a dad playing football in the garden with the kids at a family bbq. Bristol City players looked like 8 year old children full of Fanta taking aimless swipes at his ankles. 

Edited by Duracell

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cheers @Miggins. I am indeed, but had I not been on holiday, I’d have been at the game anyway.  Normally only on Thunderbird duty for away games. 
just catching up, and it appears I’ve missed a cracker. Sounds thoroughly deserved too!

Very slow 4g down here during an absolutely cracker of a storm…  but at least there’s not too many match day pages to catch up on, seeing as we won handsomely! 😉

🐏🍻

I saw a bloke wearing a sombrero outside Pride Park today. He had something like Santos Rams on the back of his shirt? I nearly spoke to him as i thought it must be you but then i heard him yapping away in Spanish or Portuguese.

Derby are massive.....

24 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The performance showed some evolution of our tactics in that we had more variety than just putting the ball out to the wings for crosses to fly across the box towards nobody in particular.

If that's what you mean by "Warne ball" then there wasn't any consuming as we didn't play that way.

In fact we even had little spells of possession, so definitely not as chaotic as some recent performances 

Warneball is a complete myth. Spouted big fans who saw his Rotherham teams who didn’t want him and used this to Justify their narrative. 

Today is how we want to play but we also will need to play the way we did against Boro to beat top teams.

It was our best performance under Warne so far this afternoon. I’d had my doubts about Ozoh but he was motm for me today. Brilliant from back to front - more of this please Mr Warne. 

With the two new additions to come in, I’m more than confident we’ll have enough to stay up this year. 

5 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Lovely to see PW not looking like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders in his post-game prezzer. I said a couple of weeks back that he looked completely exhausted. Concerningly so IMO. Like a man re-born this evening though and it's really good to see.

IAs for the game, well in the same way that 3 games is not enough to assess a new squad of players, one win doesn't make a season, but I do hope this proves to be something of a watershed moment, for the lads and all the coaching staff. Likewise the man who sits behind it all, DC. I bet he absolutely loved that performance and I couldn't be happier for him. Need to back it up now though, but I do feel that perhaps my early season confidence was not as misplaced as it felt the other night. I really hope so anyway.

Well done Warney, well done the lads, 1 through 11 you were bloody brilliant. Today it finally felt like we'd exorcised the demons of our recent past and perhaps now we really can look forward to a brighter future.

COYR

That's exactly how I felt. The stadium rocking, the team going toe to toe with a well funded and long established championship team and ultimately getting on top of them and taking them apart. I could have kissed every one of those players today.

This is what you are capable of lads - give everything like you did today and you'll be in the hearts of these fans forever.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's exactly how I felt. The stadium rocking, the team going toe to toe with a well funded and long established championship team and ultimately getting on top of them and taking them apart. I could have kissed every one of those players today.

This is what you are capable of lads - give everything like you did today and you'll be in the hearts of these fans forever.

Spot on. I'm mindful that it's just the one performance and I don't think we have the quality just yet to be seeing that every week, but tonight has been a good one and that's more than enough for the moment. My Brizzle pals reckon that's as good a team performance against them as they seen in a good few years and that just makes it feel all the sweeter. Can't rest on our laurels though. There's some very good sides in this division so we'll need to double-down and work even harder now. If we do, who knows what we can achieve? Not too many will be viewing us as an easy game after that, this much I do know.

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

Next game 

JWZ

Nelson Phillips Cashin 

Ward Ozoh Adams Kenzo 

Harness

Yates Jackson 

I wouldn't change the balance and shape in midfield after today. Ozoh and Adams with Kenzo ahead of them floating around. Kenzo isn't a wing back either.

I could see Harness coming in for NML sometimes outwide. Phillips Cashin and Nelson provide strong competition at the back. I'd stick to a back 4 to start most games but at times they will all come in as a back 3/5.

6 hours ago, Magicman said:

Next game 

JWZ

Nelson Phillips Cashin 

Ward Ozoh Adams Kenzo 

Harness

Yates Jackson 

Appreciate the desire to slot in our best footballers but Nyambe and Elder were crucial to the win yesterday.

They defended brilliantly and we may well not have won without them. They might get replaced further down the line but I doubt there’s a better right sided defender than Nyambe in this league.

Kenzo is a central midfielder who struggles in the tackle. He would be exposed out wide.

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

Every true Rams fan has “ran the gamut of emotions from A to Z” in the past 5 days!

‘Funny old game, football!’

I think there was a massive over reaction to the poor performance against Barrow. A good cup run would be great but I think everyone knows the main objective by a long way this season is to establish ourselves back in the Championship. In many ways, Barrow was a fixture we could have done without.

Will be very interesting to see the selection/formation PW goes with after the break. With what look to be 2 excellent deadline day signings and the likes of Osborn and Wilson hopefully available, he has some difficult decisions to make. I feel we now have a squad well and truly capable of survival this season and credit needs to go to PW, DC and the recruitment department.