Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

Genuinely came across a news story yesterday about a 24yr old Middlesbrough woman defecating and urinating on a police officer while being arrested.

Initially my mind was boggled by the mechanics of how that was even possible.

But as I read on I was touched by her counsels mitigation comments about her difficult upbringing. Child cruelty is not a laughing matter and I can’t for the life of me understand why her dad would have bought her a season ticket at the Riverside.

Re the Curlies putting 3 past Leeds. The goals all came in a 15 minute spell, I believe, a bit like 3 of Blackburn’s goals. What if they did what we did and made substitutions the ripped a gaping hole in midfield? Is that what made the Curlies look good?

I may be miles off the mark here, but here’s hoping for today!!!

Forget transfer windows, forget score predictions, forget what happened away to Blackburn, I am so excited for the first proper home game of the season!! Honestly cannot wait, football in August under blue sky and sunshine, cannot beat it!!! Cannot wait to show Gibbo how appaled I am at what he does with dogs in his spare time.

See you all at half 11 when the team news is released and I lose my mind 😆

33 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Not sure JWX will start -i would reckon he needs to do some work with the defenders first.

A new signing I've missed?

I've sure some of us will struggle remembering how to spell his surname but we could at least get the first letter right. 😀

Edited by Tamworthram

2 hours ago, Srg said:

I don’t feel confident at all, but then I realised 90% of games this season will be against teams that look a lot better than us so not much point over analysing it. Football not played on paper after all. Just got to get into them, get the crowd going, get the luck when it matters and you never know. 

If football was meant to be played on paper, God would have made the referee out of a broken biro and a paper-cli... oh... he did?  Well there you go then... 

Brian Clough.  1972