End of season celebrations.

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I suspect the club just felt obliged to issue such a warning but know it might still happen.

I'd bet on it being this. The club cannot endorse any encroachment on the pitch for all sorts of reasons (ground regulations, league regulations, insurance, safety etc etc) but I'd guess they're probably not going to go hard on a mass celebration of promotion, however, if anyone does anything violent or stupid they'll get what they deserve for it.

4 minutes ago, sheffieldram said:

Who needs a reason to run on the pitch?

May 1991 last game of the season v Everton. We were already relegated and I had a season ticket in the Toyota stand but for some reason we were in the old C stand that day.

We lost 3-2 but because everyone else in that corner ran on the pitch then so did I.

At Pride Park we beat Arsenal 3-0 and during the first half the guy in the seat in front would not sit down and all I could see was the back of his head. He never came back for the second half and 15 minutes into the second half one of our supporters ran across the pitch with his back to us. I recognised the back of his head straightaway.

Sorry about that.

I'm in favour of pitch invasions, ever since that wonderful day as a 10 year old boy at the Baseball ground, high fiving Ron Willems and having a cuddle with Chris Powell!

I talk about that day every single time I see a pitch invasion elsewhere. I think about it now and then for no reason. 

It's a top 5 moment in my entire life and I like to think there are youngsters at Pride park who in 28 years time be looking back on the Carlise match in the same way I do that Crystal Palace match.

It doens't have to be ruined by thuggery, it can be magical

Well, it's certainly all gone off satisfactorily for Pompey :-

The Football League have warned they will scrap Saturday’s proposed ceremony to crown the League One champions should there be a repeat of Pompey’s pitch invasion.

In addition, the FA are investigating Tuesday night’s pitch invasion and individual incidents which happened on the pitch after the final whistle.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/football-league-threaten-to-pull-portsmouth-league-one-title-presentation-over-crowd-fears-4596695

1 hour ago, old tray boy said:

,Powers that be chill and let the supporters celebrate and thank the players in the time honoured way.

Ah, that'll be the time honoured tradition of a lap of honour by the players, staff (and their families), to the delight of all sides and corners of the stadium then.

Couldn't agree more.  Well said.  👍

39 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Yeah but you are probably in your 40's, 50's or older. As no doubt are Mucker 1984 and obviously Reggie Greenwood(I too remember him). Young lads like my son and his mates in the South stand are going to want to do it, just like we did back in the day. Stop being such a sensible/miserable old far*  

You need to re-read my username sonny... I'm a lot older than you think!   👀

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Pompey fans assaulted a Barnsley player on the pitch and some pubs were looted on the night in Southsea, hopefully if we do get to celebrate we do it in style and not like idiots . 

Points deduction? Oh no only us

Everyone stay in their seats...if we're promoted(of course)Carlisle players go over to their supporters, DCFC players congregate around the tunnel then let Carlisle leave the field of play, DCFC players applaud all fans with a "lap of runners up honour" then go into the centre circle and start the bounce.

The word "invasion" is what it is, There's people who want to see the players do the above, With an "invasion" players will not be allowed to come out until the pitch is cleared...by this time lots of fans have left the stadium to go and get pissed or home to hug their partner.

KEEP OFF THE FCUCKING PITCH

PS...I'll be in the Rifleman(Belper)watching on my Sky Go App 👍 

7 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Everyone stay in their seats...if we're promoted(of course)Carlisle players go over to their supporters, DCFC players congregate around the tunnel then let Carlisle leave the field of play, DCFC players applaud all fans with a "lap of runners up honour" then go into the centre circle and start the bounce.

The word "invasion" is what it is, There's people who want to see the players do the above, With an "invasion" players will not be allowed to come out until the pitch is cleared...by this time lots of fans have left the stadium to go and get pissed or home to hug their partner.

KEEP OFF THE FCUCKING PITCH

PS...I'll be in the Rifleman(Belper)watching on my Sky Go App 👍 

The Rifleman in Belper. It has been a few years since I was in there. 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

The club just have to be prepared for it and allow it in a controlled way.

I think it’s fine to let the fans invade the pitch and soak in the moment, before returning to their seats so the players can do their lap of honour and celebrate and lift the trophy with fans who have stayed behind.

1.  Ain't nobody gonna be returning to their seats in time for a well spectated lap of honour.
2.  Ain't nobody gonna be seeing any form of a trophy being lifted at Pride Park Stadium within the next 12 months at the very least... unless we get our hands back on the BCT next season!

34 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The Rifleman in Belper. It has been a few years since I was in there. 

Opened again last Saturday after being closed since August, The owners are the same people that own the Exeter, The Silk Mill and the Devonshire, Mark Roper who was in the band Anti Pasti is one of the owners, My Daughter knows him.

40 minutes ago, Rev said:

Will you do shots to celebrate?

Match kicks off at 12-30pm, I'll be in there around 12 to 12-15pm, I don't do shots, Just on the lash all day, Belper Town play their last game, If we get promoted(DCFC)...i'll be wasted Kung Fu Panda Reaction GIF This is for B4 👍

4 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Opened again last Saturday after being closed since August, The owners are the same people that own the Exeter, The Silk Mill and the Devonshire, Mark Roper who was in the band Anti Pasti is one of the owners, My Daughter knows him.

"Martin" Roper, Alf, but yes, I'd heard he was re-opening it as more of a "wet" pub (i.e no meals as such, just snacks) because the Devonshire was so popular.

9 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Martin not Mark 😉Oops Crewton beat me to it 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood