Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

On 17/04/2024 at 15:45, Crewton said:

I'm a few years older than you and haven't been able to listen to or watch the away games since the Northampton debacle - even then, I've had angst about when to check on the final score and even which website to get it from - it's ridiculous! 🙄

I may just try to sleep through the game on Saturday.

I have the radio on, so I can shout at it. Then if we are losing badly the black dog descends and the radio is turned off. Then all the mental gymnastics kick in. If I leave it switched off the boys will surprise me, or alternatively I have to keep listening cos they need me, or If I keep listening I’ll jinx them. So I go and cut grass .. but then slip back to BBc sport on an iPad just to check of its “safe to come out” Away games for half fans is torture ! 

How are we going to feel if:

I started writing a list of possible outcomes got halfway through the alphabet and gave up

3 points please then we can have a party next week. 

One of the better things about this team is that for the first time in a while we have had scorers from every position, makes you think. I’ve said I’d like a Casin header to seal it, but there’s a bit of would like to see Sibs christen his improving form. Tommo would be good too. Hope it can be “one of our own” 

13 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes that is correct - last bit pronounced kwhy as in "bridge over the river kwai"

We have stayed at the hotel on that junction before. Handy for the Park and Ride into Cambridge.

Today we are parked on someone's drive near the ground, just hope we can get there! 

Slightly worried,only slightly, about which Rams team will turn up. Go 1 nil up and then defend the lead for 50 minutes, or gung ho and score 3 or 4. Would like to think the latter but I believe it will be squeaky bum time for all the second half. Gary Monk has a HABIT of picking good sides against us.Safe travels to all who are travelling today. B4 will get us over the line either today or next Sat.UTR!

15 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Slightly worried,only slightly, about which Rams team will turn up. Go 1 nil up and then defend the lead for 50 minutes, or gung ho and score 3 or 4. Would like to think the latter but I believe it will be squeaky bum time for all the second half. Gary Monk has a HABIT of picking good sides against us.Safe travels to all who are travelling today. B4 will get us over the line either today or next Sat.UTR!

It’ll be nun of those ! It’ll be an alter nating game with a lot of crosses, we might even go behind until our prayers are answered and there is a resurrection 

I’ll get my coat 

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

😅 That's what we called it down in deepest, darkest Crewton, Mucker. Acronyms hadn't been invented yet 😉

I've given that a laughing reaction... but only because I like you.

If I ever see you... or anyone else... use that grotesque term again, I will personally seek you out and pull out all your toenails with my teeth, so help us both, Dear God!  

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've given that a laughing reaction... but only because I like you.

If I ever see you... or anyone else... use that grotesque term again, I will personally seek you out and pull out all your toenails with my teeth, so help us both, Dear God!  

Didn't Graham Richards constantly refer to it as the BBG?