Match Thread: Leyton Orient (h)

Great result and warne gets to keep his job for another week 😜

thought we were faster quicker and more aggressive in our play than them.

tommo and adams were excellent… sibley and wilson who looked so bad as make shift full backs against wycombe (yep i said it roy 😉) looked much more at home with license to push on knowing they had a 3 behind them. 

glad we got the goals we did as despite all our very encouraging situations there was still a bit of lack of quality from open play in the final thrid, but hey.. clean sheet, 3 goals and weve got it all to lose again (lord help us 😂😂

Edited by NottsRam77

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s difficult to be a good footballing side and good at set-pieces, especially outside of PL level.

I don’t mean this in a trolling way, but we were never going to be a good set-piece side under the McClaren days when we had decent footballing players like Hughes, Ward, Bryson, Dawkins, Russell etc. We simply didn’t have the height or physicality.

But you look at cloggers like Mick McCarthy’s Ipswich and of course they looked far more dangerous at set-pieces.

We know Warne is more McCarthy than McClaren. We know Warne will favor physicality over flair. So it’s refreshing to see us become decent at set-pieces, but no doubt it will come at a cost of flair, technical ability and fluidity on the ball - especially at Championship level when we get there.

Thankyou for your usual warped agenda driven insight. (Pssst your just voicing an opinion not stating fact )

Did you by any chance see the flicks and one touches on the right touchline in the second half ? Did you see Sibs and Wilson roasting full backs ? Did you see Smith spotting outlying runners and dropping meet balls in to their path when under pressure ? Did you see Tommo and Wilson doing give and goes ? Clearly not from the drivel you just posted.

Mr Hyde turned back into Dr Jekyll during the week again!

Second half we cruised home and I was even able to watch most of the last 15mins of the stomach-churning Bolton v Pompey game. Both were going for it.

If Carlsberg did Saturday's then this was a great one. 

Back in our hands. Can even have a sneaky watch of the Bolton game with no stress.

2 games for glory. We have stumbled and corrected ourselves again....one last push and its our's!!!

Edited by Chester40

5 minutes ago, David said:

You’re going to get pelters for this, ignore the haters.

Be yourself, never change.

You are carrying this team to promotion, same again Saturday please.

If I could vote you for the Jackie Stamps trophy, I would. 🐏

You beat me to it 😅

2 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Well done lads 👍👏🐏

Massive day. Just mustn’t go back in our shell against Cambridge who still won’t be safe when we meet them…

Today did really show the benefit of that early stroke of luck and the goal…

CBT must really be in the dog house. 

I doubt it - Warne has probably just decided not to throw him back in in front of a full house.

Cambridge away now MASSIVE!!! and its a small tight pitch we need a win but only if Bolton don't drop points before last game 

I would go for the win but would a draw and home win to carlisle be enough ? 

Well done on your win and putting things back in your own hands.  I thought we were fortunate at times today, for some reason our early goal seemed to send us in to our shell; Bolton have some decent footballers, who exploited that for the rest of the first half and we were lucky not to go in behind.  Second half a bit more even.

All the best for the run in - as I've said elsewhere I'm hoping we'll both end up in the automatic slots now; but I do think you're probably at the stage where you can't afford any slip ups in the last couple of games.

I've just poured a large glass of red. Enjoy your evenings, Rams.

2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Well done on your win and putting things back in your own hands.  I thought we were fortunate at times today, for some reason our early goal seemed to send us in to our shell; Bolton have some decent footballers, who exploited that for the rest of the first half and we were lucky not to go in behind.  Second half a bit more even.

All the best for the run in - as I've said elsewhere I'm hoping we'll both end up in the automatic slots now; but I do think you're probably at the stage where you can't afford any slip ups in the last couple of games.

I've just poured a large glass of red. Enjoy your evenings, Rams.

Thank you for the draw, the automatics are now back in our own hands.

Good luck for the rest of the season 

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s difficult to be a good footballing side and good at set-pieces, especially outside of PL level.

I don’t mean this in a trolling way, but we were never going to be a good set-piece side under the McClaren days when we had decent footballing players like Hughes, Ward, Bryson, Dawkins, Russell etc. We simply didn’t have the height or physicality.

But you look at cloggers like Mick McCarthy’s Ipswich and of course they looked far more dangerous at set-pieces.

We know Warne is more McCarthy than McClaren. We know Warne will favor physicality over flair. So it’s refreshing to see us become decent at set-pieces, but no doubt it will come at a cost of flair, technical ability and fluidity on the ball - especially at Championship level when we get there.

SnoringDog.gif.70f1b7415ece93ba129b7f19e63b0d85.gif

Very relaxing afternoon all things considered !

I can’t decide whether we were very good or Orient we’re just poor. They just didn’t threaten beyond the odd corner.

We on the other hand were much quicker with the ball at our feet, fewer multiple touches and a lot more instinctive play. Wilson and Sibs looked like they were having a ball. Both of them fearless in taking their men on .. such a contrast to other matches. Sibs looked like Sibs Mark 1  from 2 years ago and hungry as anything. And he CAN tackle !

Adams and Smith ran the middle, Smith played some hugely intelligent passes when under pressure in the middle, finding an out ball to a white shirt time and again. I think Tommo’s the drive and distraction that Tommo brings was a huge help. Cracking performance. The whole team played as one. 

I wonder if this match should be called the resurrection of Sonny Bradly. ? Man mountain today, that was a ronseal “Big CB’s “ performance. It must have been me seeing Roy Mac in the pub .. I said it was a sign 😎🐏💪🏼

Very happy 

Slight tangent, but does anyone know what Hourihane was saying to someone in the East stand at FT? He didn't look super happy, but I couldn't work out what was going on. In the same area of the pitch during the pre-match warm up, I saw him put his arm round CBT's shoulder and was giving him a long talking to, before Matt Hamshaw did the same. Was someone giving CBT grief and Hourihane had a word with then at FT? Maybe I'm making all that up, but there was definitely an odd interaction between Hourihane and a fan/some fans at FT