Income Streams

With so much talk about investment and the depth of DCs pockets I question whether the club maximise the commercial opportunities at PP. Other clubs seem to hold concerts and not just at stadiums like the Etihaad, Old Trafford. I am sure the Killers played Bolton. No idea if the clubs make much money from these events and clearly the pitch may suffer but can’t recall much happening at PP. With all the nearby parking and the vicinity of the station I would have thought PP would be a decent venue. Maybe the club have tried to attract promoters but no interest or couldn’t get the numbers to work?

13 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers Pride Park 2006 Excellent

... and a young spritely Rodney Stewart, way back in the noughties too.

It seems for whatever reason, the prefered "outdoor arena" these days is the cricket ground.  🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

With so much talk about investment and the depth of DCs pockets I question whether the club maximise the commercial opportunities at PP. Other clubs seem to hold concerts and not just at stadiums like the Etihaad, Old Trafford. I am sure the Killers played Bolton. No idea if the clubs make much money from these events and clearly the pitch may suffer but can’t recall much happening at PP. With all the nearby parking and the vicinity of the station I would have thought PP would be a decent venue. Maybe the club have tried to attract promoters but no interest or couldn’t get the numbers to work?

Odd when you think of the red hot chilli peppers and that was 18 years ago ! 

I am an old goat so don’t know much but is there a Derby / East Mids school league ? Wouldn’t it be amazing if you were a kid and the schools final was at pride park. A stadium should be a flagship for the community, somewhere you dream of going 

I agree, though a fantastic location there must be potential to make it earn more money for the club but I suppose like everything there is competition.. so many stadia ? On a more prosaic note, I ate at the yard once before a youth match, really enjoyed it but what’s it like on match days .. is it a scrum and how long do you have to book in advance ?

1 hour ago, Poynton ram said:

Do the club earn anything from such events given they don’t own the stadium?

UB40 are giving a free concert at St Andrews tomorrow, the big downside is that you've got to pay to watch Birmingham beforehand. I would imagine that there'll be a number of people getting into the ground when the exits are opened up towards the end of the match.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Said this for years and honestly think the club  and the city as a whole have been shocking on this front.

Niall Horan a DCFC fan could easily fill the stadium, why aren't the club using his profile more? 

Even Forest are getting Take That in May...

Cmon ffs give me a Metallica show in 2025 

Is that, their points deduction round two in May (Take That) another 4pts and relegation.

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Said this for years and honestly think the club  and the city as a whole have been shocking on this front.

Niall Horan a DCFC fan could easily fill the stadium, why aren't the club using his profile more? 

Rammstein played Coventry’s ground the other year.

Fantastic, it was, too!

IMG_9754.jpeg

Could very easily be making this up, but I have it in my head that after the chilis and Rod Stewart, it was known that these weren’t especially lucrative ventures once everyone’s had a slice. Would make sense to me why they haven’t bothered since. Didn’t we do monster trucks at one point too?

12 hours ago, jono said:

a more prosaic note, I ate at the yard once before a youth match, really enjoyed it but what’s it like on match days .. is it a scrum and how long do you have to book in advance ?

No pre booking on a match day, first come, first served. 

It's not as busy as you'd think, sometimes held at the door for a few minutes, but not often.

13 hours ago, Papahet said:

But will Forest get anything from it, as they don’t own their ground? It will probably go to help the City Council which is bankrupt and in bad shape

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

But will Forest get anything from it, as they don’t own their ground? It will probably go to help the City Council which is bankrupt and in bad shape

They own the stadium, it's just the freehold of the land it s*its on that they don't own.