Income Streams

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I went to see Catfish and the Bottlemen a few years back, not long after it had opened. The layout limits it, and the sound quality was toss. Maybe it's improved since, but all it seems to be used for is spoken stuff (comedy, panto, etc)

That’s a real shame. Hopefully they can do something which help with the acoustics as it’s a nice looking building, a good size and as I said before, we’ll placed.

Crying shame it wasn’t done to a good enough spec to be used for its original purpose. 

On 01/04/2024 at 11:29, jimtastic56 said:

Wasn’t Mel going to put a big extension on the East stand at one time ? A Luxury fan-zone would be nice there . Where fans can sit in comfort at a table , eat , drink and have a pre - match chat . DCFC pay almost £1 million a year to rent PP from Clowes , so a bit of income during the Summer would come in handy also .

Don't know if this is what you meant... when PP was built, foundations were put in to allow another ring on the East Stand and maybe the North as well IIRC. The extra seating would increase capacity to 44K but he only planned to do the extension after we'd had at least one relegationless season in the PL.

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Don't know if this is what you meant... when PP was built, foundations were put in to allow another ring on the East Stand and maybe the North as well IIRC. The extra seating would increase capacity to 44K but he only planned to do the extension after we'd had at least one relegationless season in the PL.

I think this is what he meant: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/business/derby-county-reveals-exciting-plans-819597

We don't even sell the South West Stand Seats for hospitality on match days.

Maybe 300 seats there - £70 a pop including the meal? Never seems to be a lack of uptake on hospitality so by my maths...

23 games x 200 (I'm taking a lower amount of people here for an average) x £58 (Taken VAT off the number) = £266k. Minus probably around £100k of food/labour costs.

As a football club, we have to maximise all opportunities for revenue (such as £1 booking fee's and £2 for postage) but £160k of revenue could be created here and they don't do it? Why?

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We don't even sell the South West Stand Seats for hospitality on match days.

Maybe 300 seats there - £70 a pop including the meal? Never seems to be a lack of uptake on hospitality so by my maths...

23 games x 200 (I'm taking a lower amount of people here for an average) x £58 (Taken VAT off the number) = £266k. Minus probably around £100k of food/labour costs.

As a football club, we have to maximise all opportunities for revenue (such as £1 booking fee's and £2 for postage) but £160k of revenue could be created here and they don't do it? Why?

Isn't the hospitality outsourced? In that the company that runs it (Delaware perhaps?) pays us a set fee each year for the rights to run the hospitality, and then whatever they make over that fee is profit for Delaware. I vaguely remember reading/hearing something about it being that kind of set up.

1 hour ago, DJAY said:

Isn't the hospitality outsourced? In that the company that runs it (Delaware perhaps?) pays us a set fee each year for the rights to run the hospitality, and then whatever they make over that fee is profit for Delaware. I vaguely remember reading/hearing something about it being that kind of set up.

That is the catering in the concourses. (Not sure if the kitchens serving the posh food is outsourced or run by DCFC staff)

Hospitality is through the club - you can go on the club website and buy tickets for hospitality.

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

That is the catering in the concourses. (Not sure if the kitchens serving the posh food is outsourced or run by DCFC staff)

Hospitality is through the club - you can go on the club website and buy tickets for hospitality.

It looks like the hospitality is run by Delaware North as well: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/pride-park-conferences-and-events/meetings-conferences

I am sure I read somewhere that was the setup that Delaware paid either the club or stadium owners a set fee meaning they were allowed to run the hospitality, with profits going to them, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere

jMwZAXr38w.png

7 hours ago, DJAY said:

I remember that design . Thought it was a good idea , but it looks a little outdated nowdays .  Would probably be all glass now. I am sure David Clowes - like any good landlord , would make a few improvements to keep the tenants happy . 

12 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

I don’t know why they don’t use the velodrome. It’s well placed and would do nicely for live music.

What is the acoustic like for live music? I fear it might be very poor, except for small a capella renaissance choirs or baroque violins playing unaccompanied Bach. Sorry to lower the pitch er tone 

Edited by kevinhectoring

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

What is the acoustic like for live music? I fear it might be very poor, except for small a capella renaissance choirs or baroque violins playing unaccompanied Bach. Sorry to lower the pitch er tone 

Proud Of You Yes GIF