Income Streams

11 hours ago, Red_ram said:

Could very easily be making this up, but I have it in my head that after the chilis and Rod Stewart, it was known that these weren’t especially lucrative ventures once everyone’s had a slice. Would make sense to me why they haven’t bothered since. Didn’t we do monster trucks at one point too?

They arranged a friendly with brazil and someone as well which I think didn't make them money but was justified on "profile" grounds (GSE era I think)

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wasn’t Mel going to put a big extension on the East stand at one time ? A Luxury fan-zone would be nice there . Where fans can sit in comfort at a table , eat , drink and have a pre - match chat . DCFC pay almost £1 million a year to rent PP from Clowes , so a bit of income during the Summer would come in handy also .

I'm convinced that was far more to do with increasing PP hypothetical value before Mel sold it to himself at what seemed to be a high price (same as the retracting roof).

It's not that it's a bad idea, but how much outside of matchday interest would there really be vs construction and running costs (it's completely outside my knowledge)

Being a musician ive always thought derby is really lacking in comparison with notts. Obviously theyve got the rock city , the arena and so on. Derby has hairy dog and flowerpot... Would love some gigs at pride park or even that extremely expensive bike track that only hosts comedians every now n again haha

When you rent something, a building, plot of land, shitheap, whatever, as long as it's not disallowed in the rental/lease agreement, any moneymaker you put on, the profits are renter/leaser, not those of the owner. That will apply to the shitty ground too.

This comes up every year I think and believe the main reason is the access for trucks/cranes etc to build stages and everything can't get through the gates on the corners to the pitch so can't happen. Why this was different for Rod/RHCP I don't know.

32 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

This comes up every year I think and believe the main reason is the access for trucks/cranes etc to build stages and everything can't get through the gates on the corners to the pitch so can't happen. Why this was different for Rod/RHCP I don't know.

Good point.
Were those concerts before we filled in the corners, or am I way off?  🤷‍♂️

Hopefully we get some gigs at Pride Park soon. Zach Parker was due to fight there until his opponent suffered an injury and Sandy Ryan is certainly in line to box there in a unification fight.

I saw Frankie Boyle at Derby Arena the other week, that’s a pretty good set up. 

On 02/04/2024 at 19:25, Seth's left foot said:

Hopefully we get some gigs at Pride Park soon. Zach Parker was due to fight there until his opponent suffered an injury and Sandy Ryan is certainly in line to box there in a unification fight.

I saw Frankie Boyle at Derby Arena the other week, that’s a pretty good set up. 

Spurs have announced that their turnover has gone up by £100 mill last year to over £550 million . They are Massive numbers . They put the rise down to NFL games and a Beyoncé concert . DCFC will never get bigger till we can improve our income some how .

On 02/04/2024 at 09:14, BatRam said:

Being a musician ive always thought derby is really lacking in comparison with notts. Obviously theyve got the rock city , the arena and so on. Derby has hairy dog and flowerpot... Would love some gigs at pride park or even that extremely expensive bike track that only hosts comedians every now n again haha

I don’t know why they don’t use the velodrome. It’s well placed and would do nicely for live music.

Edit. It’s been a few years since I moved from Derby and didn’t realise they’ve started using it for comedy and such, which is nice to see. Hopefully they can start to get some bigger music acts playing there soon.

Edited by 8Leeds

Just now, 8Leeds said:

I don’t know why they don’t use the velodrome. It’s well placed and would do nicely for live music.

I went to see Catfish and the Bottlemen a few years back, not long after it had opened. The layout limits it, and the sound quality was toss. Maybe it's improved since, but all it seems to be used for is spoken stuff (comedy, panto, etc)

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I went to see Catfish and the Bottlemen a few years back, not long after it had opened. The layout limits it, and the sound quality was toss. Maybe it's improved since, but all it seems to be used for is spoken stuff (comedy, panto, etc)

Hopefully the Becketwell venue will be good when it opens.

We need a 2-3000 venue.

20 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

catfish were prob just rubbish youth