Match Thread: vs Blackpool (h)

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It is, but Bolton now play before us twice on the row, so will trying to put pressure onto us. They can't be too confident for 6 points from Reading and Bristol Rovers, before they play Pompey.

Even if Bolton were to win every game and finish on 93 points, which I doubt they will, that means we would only need to win 4 out of 5 which is entirely possible in my opinion. We're in a very strong position. I reckon 3 wins for us will do it now as we have the better goal difference.

Edited by Rammy03

The win along with the slip ups puts us in such a good position. I'm really thinking we're going to do this. I think 2 more wins and we're probably over the line given the inconsistency of everyone else. Just need to dig in and get a point against Portsmouth to keep the train going and beat Wycombe to seal the deal. 

21 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Incredible set of results. Pereborough and Barnsley both losing at home to 2 of worst teams in the league! Bolton game was always tougher, but still great they failed to win. Their form is poor too, whilst we've won 5 out of 6.

Hopefully Portsmouth aren't that up for it now on Tuesday as almost promoted.

Did the job today, albeit we gave them too much ball in the first 20 second half.  Blackett-Taylor showed some quick feet but needs to show for the ball rather than wait.  We also need a bit more movement in the box to support him when he does get away.  Hopefully Wycombe have a nice 2 hrs at Wembley running around after Peterbrough and lose next weekend to set them up nicely for midweek.  

Announce promotion already.

I can’t believe how bad this league is and still only two teams look capable of getting 85+ points.

Just when you think Barnsley could be challengers they go and get one point from 3 homes games against Lincoln, Cheltenham and Cambridge.

Play like today against a Championship side and we lose 1-3.

But it’s enough to just keep rolling out win after win in League One.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Did the job today, albeit we gave them too much ball in the first 20 second half.  Blackett-Taylor showed some quick feet but needs to show for the ball rather than wait.  We also need a bit more movement in the box to support him when he does get away.  Hopefully Wycombe have a nice 2 hrs at Wembley running around after Peterbrough and lose next weekend to set them up nicely for midweek.  

Extra time pens and a couple of injuries each ? 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

31 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Great result and vital 3 points given results elsewhere and our injury problems.

Nelson, Cash, Smith, Adams NML and CBT were the standout players.

Not going to go into the performance too much as it’s solely about those 3 points. Needless to say we played ok, but can play better.

Happy days!

thumbs-up.gif

Will take that, do wish we’d try to score a second but very happy with the win! We’re pretty depleted too so any way of winning is fine by me!

Get a point Tuesday and last four are very winnable games! Very much in our hands again.

nelson and cashin were brilliant, stop messing with that. Don’t want to see Bradley again.