Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Well done. Thought we deserved more but that's football.

See how it goes from here on in, but glad I don't have to watch that every week TBH.

We'll live 🙂

To be fair nobody wants to watch their team lose every week, you'll get over it though sweetheart 😘

7 minutes ago, Lander said:

It feels very Billy Davies times. We just find a way somehow.

Indeed.  I suppose with Billy we never had the opportunity to strengthen after what was of itself a miraculous promotion.  I think, with all restrictions removed, will have the opportunity to buy players to cement us in the division.  

What matters is that we get up.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Who said it’s better to be lucky than good? 

Very pleased with the win obviously and the atmosphere was great (I was super nervous throughout, as I think were the players!).  But blimey we made hard work of it.  Some credit to Bolton too, but we were too frantic.

It doesn’t matter. We weren’t “lucky” today. Overall, Bolton played the better football and had the better chances but the reason they lost is because they weren’t good enough on the day and because Wildsmith had a very good game. Wildsmith did what he’s paid to do and did it very well and Bolton didn’t do enough to get a goal (or two). That’s not luck.

A Massive win, our 3 centre backs, Nelson, Fozzy and Cashin all excellent, Wildsmith with 2 great saves, and our man mountain Adams in the middle of the midfield never stopped, well happy with the 3 points today, and the atmosphere was excellent, lets keep PP rocking like that for the rest of the season, the Whisky will taste even better tonight. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

57 minutes ago, Srg said:

We all can, and have, say what we want about Paul Warne and some of the players. But what cannot be denied is that this group run through brick walls for him. The grit, determination and will from this group is fantastic. 

Perhaps; just perhaps, all those who doubted his "we need to have the right types of people" philosophy were themselves wrong.

3 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Perhaps; just perhaps, all those who doubted his "we need to have the right types of people" philosophy were themselves wrong.

Let's not go there CBX. I don't disagree, but tonight is a night for celebrating, not re-opening old wounds.

COYR

Edited by Comrade 86

Had to be Wilson who bagged the winner after Bolton decided against signing him after his medical there....their loss is our gain, two fold 🤣

Northampton game next week is massive now as we're the only top 6 team playing so gives us chance to get 3 points on the board. Hopefully a week between games gives Ward, Bradley & Barkhuizen chance to rest up/recover. Sounds like Washington could be back involved too.

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Did wonder what was up with those subs tbh, so glad to hear they were for valid reasons.

Get them all in ice-baths now Warney!

Yes Barks and Ward were sorely missed when they went off. But very sensible to protect them (even in such a big game). 

If we’d started w Smith not Hourihane, the Gayle sub would have been like-for-like. 

What Warne in fact did (bringing on Smith, moving Adams forward) was a good move imo.  We were beginning to be overrun in mf and the changes gave us more strength in the middle as well as insight into Adams’ flexibility 

Maybe the  lesson is that we should start Hourihane only against weaker opposition - or, if we start him we should have Adams and Smith on the pitch as well. If luck’s not with us we’re in danger of being 2 down at HT otherwise. 

so when Bradley’s fit, is he on the bench or is Fozzie? Given his performance today, I’d stick w Fozzie. 

Step forward CBT 

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Well done. Thought we deserved more but that's football.

See how it goes from here on in, but glad I don't have to watch that every week TBH.

We'll live 🙂

Glad I don't have to wake up in Bolton every week TBH. 

I'd lose the will to live 😙

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We weren’t “lucky” today. Overall, Bolton played the better football and had the better chances but the reason they lost is because they weren’t good enough on the day and...didn’t do enough to get a goal (or two). That’s not luck.

Two students sit a set on exams on a subject, rule is the one with the most A+'s (goals) passes with all other efforts (chances) chucked away - equal both fail.

Student A gets A+ B C D (and passes), student B gets A A B C (and fails). Was A clearly the better student, or lucky to have passed?