v Charlton Athletic (H) Match Day Thread

Kernow

51 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I’d go 

Wildsmith

Nyambe, Nelson, Cash, Elder

Adams, Bird, Thompson

NML, Gayle, Barkhuizen

Cant see Warne going for the above though. 

Harsh on Bradley who’s looking decent in recent weeks but I don’t see what a back 5 offers. Our wingbacks aren’t potent enough to justify having the extra central defender.

Same as me other than I went for Sibley at left back 😊

If we play 4 at the back and they play 2 up top, there's no way Hourihane can start, it has to be Adams and Smith to screen them IMO.

Also I don't see Wilson as 1 of a front 3, I think his best work comes from playing wing back, so I would like to see Nelson, Bradley, Cash with either Wilson or Ward RWB, Adams, Smith and either Elder or Sibley LWB. Bird and NML behind Gayle or Waghorn depending on fitness levels for being able to start.

So effectively a 3421.

Hopefully Wildsmith has a better game than Saturday, I think his handling is normally better than Vickers but I'd prefer Vickers for his all round game when he's fit again.

I really hope we don't try and play NML down the centre , he causes more problems and is far more effective when out wide

This would be my team

Wildsmith

Nyambe    Nelson        Cashin      Elder

Adams   Hourihane

Bird

Barkhauisen         Gayle             NML

we need CBT showing why we bought him so hopefully he will make an impact from the bench if fit 

My team is  harsh on Bradley who I thought played really well on saturday and Sibley but I want to see us go for it but doubt this will happen

Charlton play 3 at the back and can't see Warne deviating much from the shape we played at there place but 3 at the back still doesn't suit us especially at home so hope we go 433 and have a proper go, if we did and got 2 or 3 up the game would be over before HT something that would be more akin to Mac days than Warne but hope we get 3 points in what looks like a tricky game 

Edited by S8TY

Need to dust ourselves down and get back to winning ways tomorrow night, 2 massive home games, which I believe with our supporters roaring us on, we have a great chance to win both games, hope to set up in a 4-3-3 formation, and play with two wingers NML and Barks or CBT, and up front Gayle, with Waghorn coming on after 75 mins, going for a Derby 2-0 win Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

My preferred starting lineup

Wildsmith 

Nyambe    Nelson     Cashin       Elder

Adams     

Smith                   Bird         

Wilson                                          NML

Gayle 

- Start Gayle

- Bring Barks on at 60 mins for Wilson cause in my opinion he plays better when he's a sub 

- Hourihane looks injured still not lasting 60 mins currently so start Smith to add that experience our captain leaves, also allows bird to roam a little further forward hopefully playing some through balls for gayle as I think that's what he works best off

Potentially bring CBT off the bench also if he's up to it, we've got to go for it from the off this time feel like we wait for a second half winner cause we don't know how to keep hold of a lead sometimes 

Edited by TheRamOfSwad

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

'As a league, there isn't a great deal of difference between the teams'.

Well Paul, I have never managed or even played football at or above semi-pro level, but there is quite a significant difference in every league between the teams competing. Always has been, always will be. Take on board we are in the top 4 teams in this league, and act confidently accordingly.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Well Paul, I have never managed or even played football at or above semi-pro level, but there is quite a significant difference in every league between the teams competing. Always has been, always will be. Take on board we are in the top 4 teams in this league, and act confidently accordingly.

The team we are playing tonight have in their last two games drawn against the First and third in the league 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Yes i have to agree with you,to be honest i am quite nervous about tonight,there last two performances against Portsmouth and Bolton have been top draws

I suspect Warne will start with three at the back in a dull game and at half time change our shape, then say at full time he got the tactics wrong again.

We need to be picking up 6 points this week no excuses and go 4-3-3 and try and win a game instead of trying not to lose

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I watched rock bottom Shef U V Wolves at the weekend . It was very close and as in most leagues - It’s about taking your chances . Obviously the Prem is a million miles quicker . Charlton will “Park the bus “ tonight -So we only have to create one good chance / and take it .

47 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Yes i have to agree with you,to be honest i am quite nervous about tonight,there last two performances against Portsmouth and Bolton have been top draws

I suspect Warne will start with three at the back in a dull game and at half time change our shape, then say at full time he got the tactics wrong again.

We need to be picking up 6 points this week no excuses and go 4-3-3 and try and win a game instead of trying not to lose

He continues to present a small club mentality. He wants to be magnaminous, sure, but gods sake we are one of the 3 biggest clubs in the league, with one of the 4 best teams (arguably the strongest squad, if the backroom team could get them fit). Big us up Paul. We want to be better, the best, not considered similar to the other 23 teams.

53 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I can never understand why we take tickets off sale to away fans the day before the match.

Probably 25,000/ 26,000 attendance tonight.

Particularly to generally benign sets of fans like Charlton.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

FFS, some people take these pre and post match conferences way too seriously (or maybe just another excuse to have a go at PW?). 

I’d much rather he said publicly what he did than suggest it should be an easy win because we’re fourth and they’re 20th (ignoring the fact that they’ve recently taken points off Bolton and Portsmouth recently). That’s not a small team mentality it’s showing respect for the opposition (even if only for public consumption), and not showing too much over confidence or arrogance. 

Maybe, when talking to the team he talks about this being a game we can and should be winning but at the same time being careful to not take it for granted. Being too confident and complacent can be dangerous.