v Charlton Athletic (H) Match Day Thread

Kernow

I think Warne will try to combine his love of Bradley in a 5-3-2 with a concession to attacking intent.

Think Gayle and CBT will be introduced from the bench and that the lineup will be 

Wildsmith 

Wilson Nelson Bradley  Cashin Sibley       

Adams     

Smith                   Bird         

Barkhuisen                                    NML

37 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think Warne will try to combine his love of Bradley in a 5-3-2 with a concession to attacking intent.

Think Gayle and CBT will be introduced from the bench and that the lineup will be 

Wildsmith 

Adams     

Looks like a man made out of Lego Sir and zero presence up front. 

I agree and it wouldn’t be my starting line up but with Gayle and CBT lacking match fitness and five at the back I can’t see him doing anything else.

Really hope I’m wrong and that for a change we start brightly.

56 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Wildsmith 

Adams     

5 at the back with Adams and smith sounds awful. 

Sibley has to play, seems the only player that shoots. 
a back four would make so much more sense with no strikers as well. At least lets us get players up the pitch. I’m not sure how we plan on scoring with a five?

wildsmith

wilson Nelson cashin elder

adams bird

blackett Taylor nml barkhuizen

sibley

Edited by Rich3478

27 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

5 at the back with Adams and smith sounds awful. 

Sibley has to play, seems the only player that shoots. 
a back four would make so much more sense with no strikers as well. At least lets us get players up the pitch. I’m not sure how we plan on scoring with a five?

wildsmith

wilson Nelson cashin elder

adams bird

blackett Taylor nml barkhuizen

sibley

He might think that with Adams and Smith happy to drop back to help protect against breaks, he can really release Wilson and Sibley to support the front two.

Our wing backs have often seemed reluctant to commit.

Personally I’d play 4-3-3 every week and let opponents worry about us rather than the other way round.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He might think that with Adams and Smith happy to drop back to help protect against breaks, he can really release Wilson and Sibley to support the front two.

Our wing backs have often seemed reluctant to commit.

Personally I’d play 4-3-3 every week and let opponents worry about us rather than the other way round.

Yeah I agree that a back five can be attacking, have yet to see it under warne though.

yeah similar, 4231, 433 are pretty similar anyway. Usually have one of your three midfielders who attacks more anyway a la Bryson.

So can I be bothered to fight my way through rush hour traffic, struggle to find a parking space followed by a long walk to the stadium. And then spend another £30 or so pre-match to watch the team trying to play while wearing their Paul Warne-designed straight jackets and throw away another chance to advance our promotion chances and then trudge back to the car disappointed, frustrated and angry?

Damned right I can. On my way right now!

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!!

PS my Amazon order of full stops and commas arrives in the morning!

On 25/02/2024 at 10:47, Tamworthram said:

Absolutely. Some people have talked about yesterday’s defeat as a missed opportunity (because Pompey only drew and Bolton lost but they’re probably thinking the same with us losing) but it was always going to be tough. Not making our home games count would be a missed opportunity. Bolton is obviously the toughest one but we need to be winning the other three (comfortably would be nice, in order to build confidence and protect our goal difference advantage) and at least not losing to Bolton. If you add into the mix winnable games away at Northampton and Bristol Rovers then we have a great chance to set ourselves up nicely for the run in. Just don’t mess it up Derby.

R u a real Derby fan?

Never heard of the Derby Way?

On 25/02/2024 at 10:59, Topram said:

Think it’ll be a very tough match, couldn’t believe how many decent players they had when we were away at their place few weeks back, think Jones will get them ticking and really expect it to be very tough 

Agree, different team under Jones.