v Charlton Athletic (H) Match Day Thread

Kernow

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve given up trying to understand it or argue with it. My only complaint really is it spoils my enjoyment of the forum. I come on the matchday thread to talk about the game with other fans, and while I appreciate Warne is a big part of that, the strong feelings some have against him take over everything and there’s then no chance to discuss anything else. 

Come on, I'll have a go.

The early minutes sounded promising. Did things start to slip after nyambe was injured?

7 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Blinkered view. So nothing to do with Warnes coaching or the style of play he demands. We lost the passing game when Rosenior was ditched and it has to be said that some of Warne's incoming players struggle to pass effectively

I'm not blinkered. We're going backwards and cant bear his style of play if you can even call it that. However the players on the whole played atrociously also tonight. Ten year olds would do better for a throw in

How frustrating is it when Wildsmith catches the ball and just holds it for 30 seconds and then hoofs it long. Bowl it out quickly, get the play moving. It's so slow and ponderous.

Charlton in the first half were absolutely dreadful, and yet we created nothing. It can't go on like this. 

We haven't played well in months, we've just been going through the motions and scraping past poor sides. I'm fed up. Call me entitled, we deserve and should ask for better.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

How frustrating is it when Wildsmith catches the ball and just holds it for 30 seconds and then hoofs it long. Bowl it out quickly, get the play moving. It's so slow and ponderous.

Charlton in the first half were absolutely dreadful, and yet we created nothing. It can't go on like this. 

We haven't played well in months, we've just been going through the motions and scraping past poor sides. I'm fed up. Call me entitled, we deserve and should ask for better.

Wholly agree with your Wildsmith point; actively destroys tempo and any urgency 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Come on, I'll have a go.

The early minutes sounded promising. Did things start to slip after nyambe was injured?

Dont bother - i tried also but was just called blinkered etc by other posters. But I dont actually give a 💩 about any of it tonight as today my son got a medical school offer after 2 years of trying and I couldnt be prouder

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That was really bad. The ball was in the air far too much for which both sides were to blame. 

Unfortunately we are not very good. Living some distance away there is no way I will travel to watch our football. It's tv only for me I'm afraid and that saddens me. 

Away atm. Put it on an about 18th minute. Was treated to about 8 consecutive headers…

First 20 mins ok, set piece and Cash goal, nice. Bird and Cash standout players … as for the rest of the game ?

Horrible horrible horrible. Head tennis, poor passing, the lack of basic ball control from so many players was embarrassing. 

Silly mistakes lost us that .. but was Joe outside the box when he fouled their man ? I guess I  must have black and white glasses but he looked to be at least a foot outside his area at the moment it happened ? And their No 33 was a dirty cheating sod. However, none of that excuses the limited skills on show tonight. Need to get it sorted for Saturday. We are better than this. 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Come on, I'll have a go.

Before that point, but the Nyambe injury didn’t help. We came out second half and just didn’t seem to have the same intent as the first half, Charlton upped their efforts and made changes which the players and Warne didn’t deal with. There seems to be a mental block around seeing games out and “going for the kill” with the team/staff which contradicts the apparent experience present. 

First off all, i thought our starting 11 was a bit negative, thought Charltons. penalty was outside the box, stupid decision by Wildsmith still, we still need to get behind the team, still 2nd, don't know how but we are, lets all turn up saturday and get behind the team, we nearly lost a few years ago thanks to Mel. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Dont bother - i tried also but was just called blinkered etc by other posters. But I dont actually give a 💩 about any of it tonight as today my son got a medical school offer after 2 years of trying and I couldnt be prouder

I appreciate the attempt to discuss more than just Warne and congratulations to you and your son 👏 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

First 20 mins ok, set piece and Cash goal, nice. Bird and Cash standout players … as for the rest of the game ?

Horrible horrible horrible. Head tennis, poor passing, the lack of basic ball control from so many players was embarrassing. 

Silly mistakes lost us that .. but was Joe outside the box when he fouled their man ? I guess I  must have black and white glasses but he looked to be at least a foot outside his area at the moment it happened ? And their No 33 was a dirty cheating sod. However, none of that excuses the limited skills on show tonight. Need to get it sorted for Saturday. We are better than this. 

Serious Question.  Cashin was very good.  I just saw Bird passing back and side and losing his player on three occasions when he very slow off the mark.  What made him stand out. ?