Paul Warne

Day

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

If we don't go up, I can definitely see PW resigning. He has one job - get us out of this horrible sh**ty league. He's got a great track record in L1, and even in his 2 seasons here, he's had us consolidated in the play-off places for the majority of his tenure, so he clearly know what he's doing....to an extent

But he's obviously sick of the grief he gets from the vocal fans that hate him. Why would anyone put up with that when pretty much every other club in this league would snap his hand off. And with Rotherham likely coming back down, he's got a ready-made opportunity right there

I for one look forward to seeing which manager we replace him with that everyone can slag off to high heaven if we don't play like Brazil against a team of cloggers that's parked the bus

There does seem a difference between Warne’s mood at home / and away . He seems to have a bond with fans away from home but not at PP. Things picked up away after the post match row . Things also got better after Warne’s Sunday lunch at the Clowes home . They certainly seem to be “Mates”. 

Pitch for "Paul Warne - the video game"

Side scrolling beat em up where Paul warne does keepy uppy whilst he kicks baddies. Power ups are bobble hats. Done in a 16 bit sprite style

Audio features crowd chants that get more or less positive depending on his health.

The baddies are in the kits of each levels club, final boss is an EFL suit.

When he dies the game gives a round of "your football is poo"

35 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

When was the last time a manager resigned because he thought he had failed?  They believe in themselves and hang on until they get a payoff don't they?

Really can't see why anyone would think Warne would be any different.

Cocu mate. Even waived a chunk of his redundancy package as did all his staff.

Edited by Comrade 86

53 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Cocu mate. Even waived a chunk of his redundancy package as did all his staff.

I don't think he thought he'd failed

But I think he acknowledged that the relationship wasn't working and probably wasn't happy that his boss had already hired his replacement and sat him on the bench...

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

But I think he acknowledged that the relationship wasn't working and probably wasn't happy that his boss had already hired his replacement and sat him on the bench...

He accepted results weren't great, that what he was trying wasn't working as quickly/well as he hoped...and he had various reasons (excuses) why that was the case and felt it wasn't within his scope to change those things (ie finances, ownership, fanbase etc).

Having read a number of manager's autobiographies that's their version of 'failing'. It's never their fault.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your definition of 'clogger' is obviously different to the current parlance used for League 1 teams.

'Clogger' has been co-opted within the last two decades to often be colloquially defined beyond it's ''habitual fouling'' origins and is now also synonymous with 'kick and rush'-type football; primarily due to the two often being intrinsically linked. The teams I've mentioned also fit this definition- all overtly physical and proponents of the 'dark arts' gamesmanship, which involves a healthy measure of fouling?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/nov/23/demise-premier-league-clogger-long-game-possession

50 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

'Clogger' has been co-opted within the last two decades to often be colloquially defined beyond it's ''habitual fouling'' origins and is now also synonymous with 'kick and rush'-type football; primarily due to the two often being intrinsically linked. The teams I've mentioned also fit this definition- all overtly physical and proponents of the 'dark arts' gamesmanship, which involves a healthy measure of fouling?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/nov/23/demise-premier-league-clogger-long-game-possession

Don't we play 'kick and rush' type football? We'll have to disagree on the constitution of the league, althouth 3 teams doesn't really mean it's overwhelming even so.

On 06/03/2024 at 18:19, DCFC Kicks said:

Where’s all the “it doesn’t matter if we’ve played 2 extra games, we’re second in the league” lot gone? Barnsley win their’s and we’re 4th.

Well done to Warne though for beating perhaps the worst team we’ve ever played in a league match though. 

That aged well 

On 08/03/2024 at 13:25, Blondest Goat said:

When was the last time a manager resigned because he thought he had failed?  They believe in themselves and hang on until they get a payoff don't they?

Really can't see why anyone would think Warne would be any different.

Literally Warnock did it today at Aberdeen 

On 08/03/2024 at 14:54, Nuwtfly said:

Cocu was the right Manager at the wrong time. Everything was stacked against him from day one. Very decent guy too.