Paul Warne

Day

4 hours ago, sage said:

You imagined what I was referring to as expectations as winning the FA Cup in a mocking tone.

You could have asked what I meant or read countless posts by various posters on this matter referring to a) style of play and b) progress beyond promotion.

Not in the context you are claiming. Oooh wait !  I can add one of those new trite little phrases .. Don’t “gaslight” me 🤣

What actually occurred was you said Warne was ok for a club with low to medium expectations. I disagreed and said that PW has been given a target of getting us promoted which is not a low medium expectation. I then added the FA cup comment as very obvious irony.  .. very much as you did with your “lovely” jibe earlier in our spat. Pot and Kettle. 

Your misuse of straw man when I quite specifically addressed the points you raised just made me laugh. I have strong opinions and will voice them but despite a caustic tone at times, I always endeavour to address the argument another raises, so feel free to suggest I am dismissive and condescending (I probably meant to be ) but you can take your straw man and stuff it somewhere 

By all means have the last word, I am bored now and won’t bother responding 😘

Edited by jono

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Not in the context you are claiming. Oooh wait !  I can add one of those new trite little phrases .. Don’t “gaslight” me 🤣

What actually occurred was you said Warne was ok for a club with low to medium expectations. I disagreed and said that PW has been given a target of getting us promoted which is not a low medium expectation. I then added the FA cup comment as very obvious irony.  .. very much as you did with your “lovely” jibe earlier in our spat. Pot and Kettle. 

Your misuse of straw man when I quite specifically addressed the points you raised just made me laugh. I have strong opinions and will voice them but despite a caustic tone at times, I always endeavour to address the argument another raises, so feel free to suggest I am dismissive and condescending (I probably meant to be ) but you can take your straw man and stuff it somewhere 

By all means have the last word, I am bored now and won’t bother responding 😘

Surprisingly strange. Predictably rude.

16 minutes ago, davenportram said:

No fit strikers

but we still managed to be the better team and have a threat in front of goal 

he’s a crap manager

He's a good Lague One manager with serious limitations which stop him being anything more than a League One manager, unless he proves otherwise.

At ths point though, if you dare mention his past at Championship level you're a Warne-hating outcast.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Three points today despite the manager and not because of him. Super performance in the week playing 433 which the Derby fans and the Derby players clearly prefer. So of course tinkerman  Warne reverts to a 523 for no discernible reason.Not surprisingly therefore, we were weak in midfield with little attacking threat in the first half.Elder and Nyambe are good full backs but not very good wing backs.Stevenage the better side in the first half.Everyone in the stadium expecting changes at half time to 433 but we had to wait until the last 25 minutes for the manager to finally cotton on. Instant improvement as soon as Smith brought on to enhance the midfield.Got an undeserved winner near the end from a rare moment of very good play. Please please Mr Warne Stop overthinkng it.Stop trying to be  clever and stick to 433.

1 minute ago, Ramdoc said:

Three points today despite the manager and not because of him. Super performance in the week playing 433 which the Derby fans and the Derby players clearly prefer. So of course tinkerman  Warne reverts to a 523 for no discernible reason.Not surprisingly therefore, we were weak in midfield with little attacking threat in the first half.Elder and Nyambe are good full backs but not very good wing backs.Stevenage the better side in the first half.Everyone in the stadium expecting changes at half time to 433 but we had to wait until the last 25 minutes for the manager to finally cotton on. Instant improvement as soon as Smith brought on to enhance the midfield.Got an undeserved winner near the end from a rare moment of very good play. Please please Mr Warne Stop overthinkng it.Stop trying to be  clever and stick to 433.

Was it really necessary to start yet another anti Warne thread? Whilst your points may be valid, why couldn't you just post them on the match day thread?

2 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Seems that the restrictions we are under would have ruled out any perm signing, makes it even more difficult to bring players in, when your relying on loans.

Gives more background on why they found it difficult to bring in another striker.

When did you get back? 🤣

6 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

He's a good Lague One manager with serious limitations which stop him being anything more than a League One manager, unless he proves otherwise.

At ths point though, if you dare mention his past at Championship level you're a Warne-hating outcast.

You can mention his past all you want, but it’s just one experience at one club at the end of the day.

Just because he couldn’t establish Rotherham in the Championship doesn’t necessarily mean he will automatically fail here.

In the same way look at Chris Wilder and Nathan Jones. They had great success in the Championship at one club but couldn’t replicate it elsewhere.

We’re not a replica of Rotherham. I think being in the Championship with a club with greater potential and backing could produce very different results for Warne but equally he could struggle. We have to wait and see.

The way you carry on though, we might as well throw in the towel the moment we get promoted.

9 minutes ago, Ramdoc said:

To me, the 3-5-2 is making sense. With no fit CF, down to 1 reliable wide player, and 4 centre mids on the bench, it seems the way to go. 

I agree, the players were in the wrong places - you could have thrown a hat over Wilson, Barkhuizen, and NML, and Bird was too deep - but it's harsh to say the winner was undeserved. 

You say points despite the manager, but it's Warne who chose to make the substitution? I don't have a problem with fans not liking him, by all means, call out the things he does wrong, but that doesn't mean you can be blind to the things he does right.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Just because he couldn’t establish Rotherham in the Championship doesn’t necessarily mean he will automatically fail here.

Nobody has ever established Rotherham in the championship, and probably never will.

It's a nonsense to try to use it as some kind angle to denigrate Warne.