Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

On 22/03/2024 at 12:02, McMuffin said:

Easily stay up! If we got Hughes I’d hope we’d be up there if that’s the calibre of signing we make!

David Clowes will have to take a calculated gamble to stay in the Championship. But the departures of Bird and Wildsmith , make me wonder . With Knight at Bristol already , can’t we compete with them ? James Collins got 3 goals in 26 games the last time he was in the Championship. A good striker will not be cheap. 

14 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

David Clowes will have to take a calculated gamble to stay in the Championship. But the departures of Bird and Wildsmith , make me wonder . With Knight at Bristol already , can’t we compete with them ? James Collins got 3 goals in 26 games the last time he was in the Championship. A good striker will not be cheap. 

Clowes might be working on getting additional financial backing.

We could have a bright young striker ‘sponsored by Asda’

I'm going to assume promotion for this and we'll go with a 3412/3421...

Loans for: Evans, Rooney, Fornah, Radcliffe, Weston
Extensions for: Forsyth (backup and in-game coaching for U21s), Sibley, Thompson and DRobinson

Meaning we retain the following squad:
GK: Vickers
RCB: Nelson, Nyambe
CB: Bradley, Forsyth
LCB: Cashin
RWB: Ward, Wilson
LWB: Sibley, Elder
DM: -
CM: LThompson, DRobinson
RW: -
LW: Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor
CF: Washington, DBrown

In my squad, that would leave gaps at GK(x2), CB, LWB, DM(x2), CM, RW(x2), CF(x2) - 11 signings

GK, 1st choice - Chris Walton (free, Ipswich)

GK, 3rd choice - John Ruddy (free, Birmingham) May want to go somewhere he will get game time which would rule us out. He's at the age where he should be stepping back, and he wouldn't have to move too far if he were to join us.

CB, 1st choice - Sam Stubbs (free, Bradford). A risky option, but he's still only 25, dominant in the air, and a good defender. He is slow so could struggle with stepping up a couple of divisions. Saying that, I thought he played very well in his game against us in the EFL Trophy.
image.png.e34dad836d9e8f013ab890c2b37c246c.png

LWB, rotation - Sam McCallum (free, Norwich)
image.png.f3905ade7e43bc8397658dabf2228069.png

DM, 1st choice - Ebou Adams (£?). Makes our team click without doing anything fancy. Difficult to say what Cardiff would want for him.
image.png.7b550af14b421a30fcca4f3aa11ed2b1.png

DM, 2nd choice - Nohan Kenneh (£?, Hibs). He would often train with the first team at Leeds under Bielsa, so you know the type of player he is. A 21 year old version of Adams.
image.png.30aa7ceb014a445d28ee46d3e9c4dd9f.png

CM, 1st choice - Herbie Kane (free, Barnsley). Would take over from Hourihane as the main set-piece taker.
image.png.4470e0b85c2ac75594319cfef4fc2a12.png

RW, rotation - Tyrhys Dolan (compensation, Blackburn). Versitile, coming through as a winger at Blackburn before moving more central this season. The type of player you need in a squad to give the flexibility between formations depending on opposition and injuries within the squad.
image.png.6ab0073ba251ccb2881e037228bd11d3.png

RW, rotation - Femi Azeez (compensation, Reading). One of the best wingers in the league, with a high goal contribution output. Will be in high demand, so an unlikely signing.
image.png.835bbb1938cedecf4cc0842717a851c4.png

CF, 1st choice - Harry Leonard (loan, Blackburn). A good all-round forward who creates as well as scores. We were apparently close to signing him in January, so I can see us going back in for him in the summer.
image.png.51d3f1093fa10fa4597f7fe34de96b36.png

CF, 2nd choice - John McAtee (loan, Luton). More of a #10, but is another hard worker and one of the more creative CFs in L1.
image.png.5bcf2433b1fa04126688d7ebcc4d6b25.png

A final squad of:
GK: Walton, Vickers, Ruddy
RCB: Nelson, Nyambe
CB: Stubbs, Bradley, Forsyth
LCB: Cashin
RWB: Ward, Wilson
LWB: McCallum, Sibley, Elder
DM: Adams, Kenneh
CM: Kane, LThompson, DRobinson
RW: Dolan, Azeez
LW: Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor
CF: Leonard, McAtee, Washington, DBrown

On 26/03/2024 at 18:02, jimtastic56 said:

Shall we concentrate on getting there first ?

a lot of suggestions from the lower leagues and youthful players but can anyone really see it?

everything about our recruitment under clowes will suggest its going to be 28-32 year old championship experienced players with the fee going on wages instead of buying the player

1 hour ago, alram said:

a lot of suggestions from the lower leagues and youthful players but can anyone really see it?

everything about our recruitment under clowes will suggest its going to be 28-32 year old championship experienced players with the fee going on wages instead of buying the player

Are you new here?

On 27/03/2024 at 08:11, Ghost of Clough said:

Bob Hoskins, the deceased actor? Or Sam Hoskins, the 31 year old attacker who has scored more than 3 goals in a League 1 season only twice in his career?

Yes that’s him. 

Another player we faced, was their number 7 today.

No matter what Div we are in next season  that I’d like us to make a move for is George Byers. With better players around him he could be dangerous. He found tons of space in amongst our midfield today. Very impressed by him from the first 10mins onwards 👍🏻🐏