Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

58 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

We are apparently out of debt now so £8.8 million would be clear profit if we go up and stay up 

Which gets back to trying to get better players in the is going to take us in the direction we want to go in

You'd have to take at least 4 million of that for promotion bonuses.  When Derby went to the prem last time they shelled out 13 million in promotion bonus, including those who'd played about 3 games or been on loan elsewhere all season. 

After we'd cleared debt to the co-op of 20 million we had to pay on promotion as part of a guarantee on buying the club and paid back 2 directors -including Morris- who withdrew their loans early in panic, we had about a million quid left.  We'd be a bit better of this time by a few million.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You'd have to take at least 4 million of that for promotion bonuses.  When Derby went to the prem last time they shelled out 13 million in promotion bonus, including those who'd played about 3 games or been on loan elsewhere all season. 

After we'd cleared debt to the co-op of 20 million we had to pay on promotion as part of a guarantee on buying the club and paid back 2 directors -including Morris- who withdrew their loans early in panic, we had about a million quid left.  We'd be a bit better of this time by a few million.

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/football-news/belgian-club-krc-genk-renew-8378626

Belgium club interested in Barron to 5th in the league where no doubt he would get European football 

21 years old could sell him in a few seasons and make good cash with a sell on fee 

Deals like these are no brainers as said before Strain Baccus Barron would probably play for us on £4 grand a week literally what Horahane earns a guy with no sell on value to us

100th game for Matthew Todd tonight at Dunfermline 22 goal scoring midfielder that makes good runs arriving late into the box to get goals

I think he could play at a higher level on what I've saw tonight 

59 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

100th game for Matthew Todd tonight at Dunfermline 22 goal scoring midfielder that makes good runs arriving late into the box to get goals

I think BBC Scotland spotted you scouting this player tonight image.thumb.png.ab18a8a0d976ac79dc1c6c0f23568415.png

16 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

I think BBC Scotland spotted you scouting this player tonight image.thumb.png.ab18a8a0d976ac79dc1c6c0f23568415.png

I hope that he is booked into a nice hotel it's Dundee V Rangers on Sunday hopefully he goes and watches Lyall Cameron if he is scouting for us

Kilmarnock v St Mirren on Saturday if he wants to get a look at Ryan Strain

Edited by Dryhorce

41 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

I hope that he is booked into a nice hotel it's Dundee V Rangers on Sunday hopefully he goes and watches Lyall Cameron if he is scouting for us

Kilmarnock v St Mirren on Saturday if he wants to get a look at Ryan Strain

Nobody has said that Billy Davies is scouting for Derby, he also isn't a member of the club's scouting team. As discussed on the forum a couple months ago, it's more likely that we sign some glamorous European players since we actually have a scout (Robin Krasniqi) who is based in Europe. Until last month he was based in Madrid and now he's based in Austria. We obviously wouldn't be employing someone in these regions if we weren't actively taking an interest in potential deals. Warne said in his Barnsley pressers that he admires Barnsley's European/Scandinavian recruitment, so he/Mark Thomas is obviously taking it seriously.

image.thumb.png.ad769229d11a41c4b36e4cf6ec2776e9.png

5 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Nobody has said that Billy Davies is scouting for Derby, he also isn't a member of the club's scouting team. As discussed on the forum a couple months ago, it's more likely that we sign some glamorous European players since we actually have a scout (Robin Krasniqi) who is based in Europe. Until last month he was based in Madrid and now he's based in Austria. We obviously wouldn't be employing someone in these regions if we weren't actively taking an interest in potential deals. Warne said in his Barnsley pressers that he admires Barnsley's European/Scandinavian recruitment, so he/Mark Thomas is obviously taking it seriously.

image.thumb.png.ad769229d11a41c4b36e4cf6ec2776e9.png

Good hope we scout Irving and Johnston then in Austria 🇦🇹 

I'm all for open and sensible discussion but blimey, Dryhorce is prattling on a bit isn't he and especially as he seems to know as little about Derby County and what we need as Tommy Docherty did (a Scottish link I'm sure he's not old or wise enough to know about). Anyway, my suggestion to stop his prattling is to lock this thread until we know what division we're going to be in next season as the players we'll be in the market for and who will want to come to us will depend on what division we're in - wotcha think mods?

8 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Good hope we scout Irving and Johnston then in Austria 🇦🇹 

I like this guy at Bonnyrigg Rose in League 2. Kieran McGechie. 7 goals in 24 and used to play for Civil Service Strollers who are quality. Could step straight in as he's a supreme athlete who'd find Warnes 5 training sessions a day followed by bleep test a doddle. Also likes a beer so will be a proper team player.

BONNYRIGG ROSE striker Keiran McGachie revealed he once THREW UP in full club kit after a night on Buckfast

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10817778/spfl-star-puked-buckfast-keiran-mcgachie-bonnyrigg-rose/

image.png.4448f87c48514d3ea39f0d83a41665b3.png

P

21 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I'm all for open and sensible discussion but blimey, Dryhorce is prattling on a bit isn't he and especially as he seems to know as little about Derby County and what we need as Tommy Docherty did (a Scottish link I'm sure he's not old or wise enough to know about). Anyway, my suggestion to stop his prattling is to lock this thread until we know what division we're going to be in next season as the players we'll be in the market for and who will want to come to us will depend on what division we're in - wotcha think mods?

I'm 48 he was the Scotland manager when I was a kid pretty sure he was also at Manchester United 

What is exactly wrong talking about Scottish players?

I don't understand what the issue is about signing players from up north?

When we have had a history filled with such players when we were doing well

It sounds as if there is a snobbery about Scottish football that don't quite understand especially now that Scotland is rising as a football nation again

Pot 1 in the nations league over taking us

SPFL is also a higher ranked league than Denmark Norway Sweden Finland Iceland 

Edited by Dryhorce

6 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

I'm 48 he was the Scotland manager when I was a kid pretty sure he was also at Manchester United 

It sounds as if there is a snobbery about Scottish football that don't quite understand especially now that Scotland is rising as a football nation again

Docherty was Scotland manager 52 years ago and are you seriously suggesting that Scotland are currently better than England. England won at hampden 3-1 a few months ago and the scoreline flattered Scotland.

Nobody has a problem signing Scottish players we’ve had some great players in the past. We just don’t need to sign every Scottish player that’s ever laced up a pair of boots 

7 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

As has been mentioned, there are some gems to find up in Scotland who would be willing to join us. The problem here is, you're getting close to 50 suggestions on 50 different posts, followed up by "Scotty McScotface is playing tonight vs Bonnyrigg Rose. He's a quality player" for every suggestion.

Some of your suggestions wouldn't even get into Carlisle's side, never mind one which will either be opening for romotion from L1, or looking to finish lower mid-table in the Championship.

There's so many suggestions in a short space of time that people are bored of your suggestions and won't even bother looking them up to see if they are any good or not. They're now just going straight to the ignore list.

My suggestion for you is to take your time and compile your own list maybe limit it to the best 2 players in each position where we have a gap in our squad for next season. Assume we'll be promoted if you want, or state if they'd be a L1 signing, a Champ signing, or a someone we should sign no matter which league we're in. Maybe explain why they're better than someone we already have, and maybe explain how they suit Warne's style.

9 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

No chance of you "arriving late" is there?

1 hour ago, 8Leeds said:

Devante Cole’s contract appears to be up at the end of the season I believe.

If we stay in league one he’d be worth a punt.

Been impressed with what I've seen of him. Seems a decent blend of physical, hardworking, skillfull and smart. Would take him on a free if we got promoted to  be honest